The Des Moines Police Department is looking for an intern to create a professional presentation: Someone who can turn data and information into a condensed, clear, smooth and attractive presentation with graphs. All data and information will be provided for the project. The presentation will be used for a series of presentations to community leaders. A $1,000 stipend will be provided.
For more information on how to apply, contact MKAschoff@dmgov.org
TopRank Marketing in Minneapolis has seven open positions:
- Content Marketing Manager
- Social Media Marketing & Influencer Relations Specialist
- Digital Advertising Manager
- Account Manager
- Digital Marketing Analyst
- SEO Strategist
- Graphic Designer
See https://www.toprankmarketing.com/careers/ for more information about the agency.
Public Relations / Communications Internship
Deadline: October 1, 2017
Contact: Bill Pinegar
Location: Des Moines – Civic Center
Des Moines Performing Arts has an exciting opportunity for students interested in positioning world-class arts, entertainment, education and cultural activities.
We are seeking current college students for our fall public relations/communications internship program. Primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, event promotion, copywriting, social media strategy/implementation and assisting with season marketing activities including the popular Willis Broadway Series at the Des Moines Civic Center. This position is ideal for students majoring in public relations, communications or marketing. Skills in copywriting, graphic design, video production, digital advertising and social media are preferred.
This paid internship will run the fall semester. Applicants must be available a minimum of 15-20 hours per week. This position is temporary and will end in December.
Des Moines Performing Arts is a premier organization showcasing a variety of professional productions while providing an exciting and dynamic work environment. If you are interested, please visit us online at www.dmpa.orgto learn more and apply. Only those submitting both cover letter and resume will be considered. PDF files only.
Des Moines Performing Arts is an equal opportunity employer.
International Language Programs Intern:
This position supports the work of the Iowa International Center’s interpretation and translation services. We have 120 interpreters and translators fluent in over 60 languages and dialects. Our oral interpreters attend appointments at medical clinics, government agencies, schools, non-profit organizations, businesses to help overcome language barriers so that limited English proficient (LEP) individuals can receive essential care, training and services. Our translation services help those in need of having printed documents (transcripts, licenses, corporate documentation, etc.) translated into English or from English into other languages.
This is a unique opportunity for a student interested to gain “first-hand” knowledge of how this type of business is run and how an internationally/inter-culturally focused non-profit organization operates in a city like Des Moines. This is an especially good fit for students who have an interest in business, marketing, management, information technology, international relations, political science, foreign language and/or finance. It is also a good fit for students interested in refugee and immigrant support, in that our services are used largely for these populations.
This position supports all functions of the Iowa International Center! Duties include assisting with publicizing special projects and events as well as with general marketing and content development for our newsletters, website and blog, researching local professional hosts for proposals and cultural activities, assist with agenda development and data tracking, helping with event planning for special events, and providing basic office assistance, including database management.
International Visitor Programs Intern:
The Iowa International Center is a partner in international visitor programs sponsored by the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Agency for International Development. These programs bring mid-career professionals and future leaders from around the world to central Iowa to meet with their professional peers and learn about U.S. and Iowa culture. This intern assists in researching organizations related to the visitors’ fields and contacting these organizations to set up meetings and activities. Visitor programs also require coordination of additional activities such as dinners with local volunteers and optional activities for the groups to pursue during their free time, and this intern is involved in all of these tasks. This intern also assists in follow-up correspondence and data tracking for grant-related reporting purposes.
Marketing and Communications Intern:
The Iowa International Center is working to increase name recognition and overall community presence to both make our services and resources more well-known in the community, as well as lift our profile in front of potential funders and grantmakers. This intern will gain critical business, marketing and administrative experience through assisting IIC in creating and updating marketing materials, strategic content development for web and print communications and much more.
Our interns are integral parts of our team! IIC staff works hard to introduce our interns to the inner workings of our organization so that they can contribute in many ways.
Inquiries and applications can be directed to:
International Programs, Intern and Volunteer Manager
Iowa International Center
3839 Merle Hay Road, Suite #259
Des Moines, IA 50310
515-282-8269, ext. 12
JOB SUMMARY: The Marketing & Game Operations Coordinator for the Iowa Wild Hockey Club, AHL Affiliate of the NHL’s Minnesota Wild will assist the Director of Marketing with any brand development and focused efforts to drive revenue growth through Marketing and Game Operations strategies.
- Assist Director of Marketing in developing strategic marketing plans as well as planning and facilitating media buying and creative development for print, radio, out of home, digital advertising and other new media placements
- Assist Director of Marketing in hiring, training and managing staff and payroll for part-time staff
- Assist Director of Marketing in all aspects of the in-game presentation
- Devise new and creative in-game and in-arena entertainment, including on-ice promotions, fan interactive elements, etc
- Manage the development and execution of special events to achieve key short and long term brand goals (cause marketing events such as Pink in the Rink night, VIP events, etc…)
- Conduct market research and generate reports based off of current marketing trends in the local and expanded markets to assist in development of annual marketing plan
- Create and manage email marketing calendar. Collaborate with Marketing Intelligence for email marketing campaign creation, execution, and reporting analysis.
- Serves as liaison between the company and advertising agencies, freelance talent, print suppliers, and other marketing services
- Assist Director of Marketing with team promotional schedule
- Manage and track the expenses for each assigned project. Ensure budget is managed properly
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree
- One to three years of experience in Marketing or Public Relations, sports or live events.
- Must be able to work all Iowa Wild home games and special events.
- Ability to multi-task, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and work under tight deadlines a must.
- Efficiently and effectively communicate in high pressure environment with other departments, vendors and guests.
- Computer and program skills include, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and analytics.
- Extended working hours periodically required as directed by business needs.
- Candidates must be innovative, self-starters, highly creative workers with good follow-up skills, energetic, organized and excellent interpersonal skills.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree in Marketing, Business, Journalism, Event Management or Public Relations.
- Knowledge of market research, special event planning and marketing strategies, e-marketing strategies and media planning/buying.
- Preferred Skills include, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Dynamics CRM or database management software.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle objects and office tools, reach, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is exposed to an office environment, with noise levels usually moderate.
* This job description does not contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other tasks and duties may be assigned as needed.
Job Summary: The content writer will develop and create content for print, digital media, or internal use.
Well-researched and accurate content will be produced on tight deadlines.
Writer will communicate with leadership, clients, and potential interview sources. Must follow company editorial style guide. Excellent writing, spelling, and understanding of grammar are essential to the role.
Supports: Business Publications Corp. WriteBrain division as well as assisting Advertising departments in the Business Record and dsm Magazine Divisions.
Reports to: WriteBrain Publisher
This position will support the efforts of the WriteBrain Division with the following responsibilities:
- Creating concise, eye-catching, and innovative headlines and body copy
- Researching and organizing facts and sources
- Interviewing sources
- Consistently brainstorming and collaborating with team for new ideas and strategies
- Building a following for brands on multiple media platforms with creative work
- Researching markets and industries to compare and create content that is innovative and original
- Collaborating with publisher, account managers, creative team, and designers
- Writing a wide variety of topics for multiple platforms (website, blogs, articles, social updates, banners, case studies, guides, white papers, etc.)
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent grasp of English language
- Creative and innovative thinker and planner
- Confident in producing work across multiple platforms
- Able to align multiple brand strategies and ideas
- Assists team members when needed to accomplish team goals
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Bachelor’s degree in creative writing, journalism, English, or related field
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel) and Google Docs
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strict adherence to company policies and style
- Ideal candidate will have a positive attitude and be a problem-solver
- Familiarity with keyword placement and SEO
- Extensive knowledge of the company, brand, and product preferred
Business Publications Corp. is a locally-owned company in the heart of Downtown Des Moines which offers an innovative, fast-paced culture. Flexible hours and generous PTO. Benefits include healthcare, dental, life insurance and 401(K).
Send your letter of interest, 3-5 writing samples, resume and references to Ashley Holter, firstname.lastname@example.org, BPC, 100 4th Street, Des Moines, IA 50309.