Drake University is excited to announce its first placement for the new Teach in Kosovo program: TOKA! TOKA, located in the capital of Pristina, is a non-profit organization that accelerates social change in Kosovo by investing in youth. Their projects focus on educating youth in leadership development, soft skills, civic education, and environmental awareness, and with your help, English! Additionally, TOKA seeks to further engage their youth participants through continued service learning projects.
TOKA is looking for team members who can create and implement projects based on his/her interest, which may include but not be limited to:
- Teaching English to disadvantaged youth in primary and/or secondary schools, during courses and summer camps
- Holding advanced conversation classes with high potential youth
- Mentor a group of Kosovar teenagers in a service learning program
- Manage mini project
- Research interests
Further job specifics would be shaped by the individual selected for the program. Though full-time work would be defined as 20-30 hours per week.
These team members should be:
- Outgoing and Social
- Team players
- Highly motivated
- Social change-oriented
- Interested in non-profit work
- Interested in working in a developing country
- Accommodation Provided
- Living stipend
- Paid Vacation time
- Connections to professional development opportunities within Prishtina and Kosovo
- Airport pickup
- In-country orientation
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS MARCH 19!
PROGRAM FEE DETAILS:
The program fee for the Teach in Kosovo Program 2018 – 2019 fee is $1,995. This fee includes the following services from Drake University:
Placement and negotiation of participants’ teaching contracts with approved partner schools
- A 120-hour TEFL training on-campus during the months of April and May. The training will combine various modes of delivery including online and in-person sessions.
- A cultural orientation in the Kosovo Consulate located in Des Moines
- ISIC (International Student Identity) Card which includes basic emergency travel insurance
- Enrollment in the U.S. Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)
- Ongoing coordination of support with employing school throughout placement procedure and program year.
For more information and how to apply, contact Stephanie Dana Ely in Drake International (Stephanie.email@example.com).