The Iowa Department of Cultural Affairs is seeking a part-time, temporary website content coordinator who will be responsible for inputting, publishing and maintaining website content.
The pay is $17.50 per hour and this is a temporary position with flexibility in scheduling for the project that will last through August/September. Experience and course work may offset the lack of degree, so qualified students are encouraged to apply. Deadline for application is Friday, March 3. The application can be found here: Link to position
For questions, contact Michael Morain at Michael.Morain@iowa.gov
Des Moines Public Schools is seeking a motivated Marketing and Communications Intern to work alongside the Community School Coordinator and Activities Director at Lincoln High School to report activities via the website and social media.
Primary responsibilities include:
– update school activity website weekly
– assist with social media
– assist Activities Department with communication tool for coaches/staff to report scores and updates
– work directly with AD on public relations for Community events
– excellent written and verbal communication skills
– well organized and detail-oriented
– self-motivated and able to meet deadlines
Minimum number of hours will be 3 per week and work hours for this position will be flexible. This internship will begin as soon as possible through June 1, 2016 with opportunity to extend through the summer. Individuals interested should send a resume no later than Friday, February 17.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Office of Community Engaged Learning is looking for a Communications and Marketing intern for the 2017-2018 academic year. This is a 6-7 hour/wk position starting at $8.25/hr. Responsibilities include helping with social media content and management, updating the website, designing flyers and promotional materials, taking photos, collecting and writing stories and blogs to help share the impact of community engaged learning. Applications are due Feb. 27th. Contact email@example.com with questions.
The position description and application can be found at
Saga Communications’ Des Moines Radio Group is hiring for seasonal promotions and marketing part-time staff positions for the Summer of 2017. This seasonal position will run from May 2017 through August 2017 with the possibility to stay on long term based on performance over the summer. If you are a motivated individual who is looking to extend your education and experience in radio broadcasting or the world of marketing and promotions and have a desire to get your foot in the door at Des Moines’ highest-rated group of stations, then you would make a great member of the Des Moines Radio Group Promotions team!
The Des Moines Radio Group Part-Time Promotions Staff will ultimately understand our stations and gain the skills to implement their goals. Through education, preparation and respect, we will offer the most sought after broadcast experience in Iowa. You will get the chance to attend station events, concerts, and private VIP listener parties. Plus, you will have the opportunity to interact and network with department heads, on-air staff, and industry insiders, all excited to help you advance your broadcast career! You will interact with the nearly 300,000 listeners of Des Moines Radio Group’s 9 stations on a daily basis. By executing marketing campaigns and on-the-street promotions for clients and various charity organizations, you will become a vital asset to our success! It is hard work – but very rewarding.
Requirements for the Job:
Be able to work up to 26 hours but no less than 10 hours a week
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to think outside the box
- Computer skills both Microsoft Office and Office 365 (required) and Adobe (preferred)
- Reliable transportation & a valid drivers license
- Available to work nights and weekends
- Lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to work in a fast paces environment
Preferred but not required skills:
- The ability to shoot and edit Video
- The ability to shoot and edit Photos
- Knowledge of Graphic Design programs
- Basic Event Planning skills
- Knowledge of broadcast radio equipment and programs is preferred but not necessary
To Apply. If you are excited to learn, become a part of the big picture, and – most importantly – have fun, apply now! Send your resume, cover letter, and recommendations no later than March 17, 2017 to:
Rob Lembke Promotions Director 1416 Locust Street Des Moines, IA 50309
No phone calls please. The Des Moines Radio Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interns will have the opportunity to work with the communications director on a range of significant issues and projects. Ideally our internships would range from 8-13 weeks. This position is part-time with highly flexible weekly hours negotiable. Interns are encouraged to work with their schools for course credits, independent study credits, and/or funding for the internship, as it is unpaid. Interns will be provided with free parking.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Interns will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience by working on a variety of communications and outreach efforts. They will potentially learn to assist on all aspects of communications, marketing, public and media relations, outreach, and public education, as well as other projects as assigned.
We do our best to tailor our communications internships to encompass the particular interest of each intern: marketing, design, public relations, social justice, law and government, photography, video, political science, and more.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
This internship welcomes applications from a variety of majors and areas of study. It is open to all current students who have completed at least one year of college and possess the following:
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong computer skills, strong social media abilities, and a skill for web-based research
- The ability to work with a wide range of people
- The initiative to see projects through to completion
- An interest in advocating for civil liberties
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send us a complete application that includes a cover letter, resume, and at least one writing sample. Also feel free to include samples of other work, such as information on a web site you might have designed or worked on, design work, etc.
The preferred method of submission is email with the subject line specifying “Communications Internship.” If email is unavailable, submissions via postal mail are acceptable, but please do not send application material through both.
For more information, see http://www.aclu-ia.org/communicationsinternshipopportunity/
For questions, please contact Communications Director Veronica Fowler at firstname.lastname@example.org 515-243-3576. Contact information is:
Attn: Communications Director
ACLU of Iowa
505 5th Avenue, Suite 901
Des Moines, IA 50309
Marketing and Communications Intern (15-20 hours, unpaid)
Iowa International Center is a non-profit organization that exists to build cultural respect at home and around the world, one person at a time. Each year the Iowa International Center works with over 150 international visitors from more than 60 countries. Other programs include interpretation and translation services, international events and dialogues. More information is available at www.iowainternationalcenter.org.
The Iowa International Center is working to increase name recognition and overall community presence to both make our services and resources more well-known in the community, as well as lift our profile in front of potential funders and grant makers. He/she will gain critical business, marketing and administrative experience through assisting IIC in creating and updating marketing materials, strategic content development for web and print communications and much more.
Benefits & Opportunities:
- Gain real-world work experience and develop/enhance skills in the areas of marketing, project management, research, problem solving and interpersonal communication
- Increase knowledge and appreciation of other countries and cultures
- Receive academic credit (pending your advisor’s approval)
- Promote Iowa International Center events and programs on community calendars
- Assist with creating and distributing posters and flyers for monthly Dialogue events
- Assist with monthly e-newsletter – including editing, emailing, and print format development
- Update iowainternationalcenter.org and welcometoiowa.org calendars with free and relevant community events, as well as ongoing IIC events
- Assist with social media including planning, scheduling posts, content review, promotion, graphic development, etc.
- Assist with grant and donor prospect research, proposal writing and editing
- Assist in writing press releases for events and programs
- Update websites and track changes on a weekly basis to ensure content is current
- Assist with content development and design of general marketing materials
- Assist with event management including set up, hosting guests, videotaping and post-event video production
- College student or recent graduate seeking professional experience and/or academic internship credit
- Background in any of the following (but not limited to): business, communications, marketing, management, information technology, or international relations. Those seeking experience in non-profit development and fundraising may also find additional opportunities to research grants and other funding opportunities as time allows.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to be self-directed and work independently while also working as part of a team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities and deadlines, and maintain accurate records
- Problem solving skills, including the ability to resolve conflicts and recommend an appropriate course of action
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel required); knowledge of databases a plus (FileMaker Pro and Salesforce), as well as desktop publishing and graphics software (Microsoft Publisher and Adobe Photoshop) a plus
- Internships occur during fall, spring, and summer semesters
- Must commit 15 hours per week; weekly schedule is negotiable and flexible (Office hours 8:00 AM-5:00 PM)
For consideration please submit a completed application, resume and cover letter to the intern manager.
Please direct application and inquiries to:
Janet Norton, Intern Manager
Iowa International Center
319 7th Street, Suite 200, Des Moines, IA 50309
Phone: 515-282-8269, ext. 12 | Fax: 515-282-0454
Wright Service Corp., is currently looking for a multimedia intern.
Title: Multimedia Intern
Type: Part Time
Reports To: Marketing and Communications Manager
• Travel to jobsites to take photos of pre- and post-projects as well as action shots for marketing and advertising needs
• Edit photos for use in both print and digital formats
• Upload and organize photos in photo management software and tag photos with keywords on a regular basis
• Develop and/or coordinate content for videos (develop outlines, create copy and scripts, develop shot lists, conduct interviews)
• Produce and edit videos for both internal and external audiences
• Set up and operate various production equipment, including cameras, teleprompters,
microphones for location and studio production
• Obtain footage and package B-roll
• Audio and video production and post-production
• Create audio and voice over recording
• Brainstorm and research video ideas, and communicate with potential participants
• Other tasks and responsibilities as required
• Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in digital media, multimedia, broadcast journalism, or other related field
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational and project management skills; the ability to work on multiple tasks and projects concurrently
• Experience setting up and conducting interviews for video
• Experience taking photos for professional use
• Willingness to take initiative and offer perspective
• Ability to research and fact-check content
• Basic computer knowledge (Microsoft Office products, both Mac and PC platforms)
• Working knowledge of Photoshop and iMovie
• Willingness and ability to learn other programs as necessary
• Availability for day travel within Des Moines metro to jobsites with possibility of minimal
• Conduct oneself in a friendly and professional manner with all company employees, clients, vendors, co-workers, and visitors to the company
Hourly wage will be commensurate with education level, relative experience, and other attributes.
Email cover letter, resume, and three work samples to Marketing and Communications Manager Sara Harpenau at email@example.com. Please note pre-employment drug screening is required and background checks may be conducted.