The American Marketing Association is hiring a content/editorial intern. This person must be a rising junior or senior, and must come from an accredited school, which Drake SJMC is. The job is in Chicago. http://jobs.jobvite.com/careers/ama/job/olJF9fwC?__jvst=Employee&__jvsd=skZCYhwF&__jvsc=LinkedIn&bid=n4Z5jJwF
Panhellenic Council is looking for someone to create a promotional video for fraternity and sorority life. This is an unpaid position, but may be of interest to a student wanting to develop a professional portfolio. Contact Sophie Gray (firstname.lastname@example.org), vice president of marketing for the Council, if you are interested.
The Iowa Lottery has an event marketing summer internship. The application deadline is March 25. The successful applicant must be age 21 or older, will return to Drake in the Fall to continue studies, and have a clean driving record, to use Iowa Lottery vehicles.
Yamamoto, a Minneapolis-based advertising agency, is launching an apprenticeship program to find the next generation of talent for the agency and for the Minneapolis advertising industry.
The program’s name, The Mountaineers, is a nod to the Japanese translation of “Yamamoto” which means “base of the mountain.” The Mountaineers was created to find the next generation of talent to continue to move mountains for the agency’s clients through the personification of Yamamoto’s core values: Curious, Creative, Courageous.
Applications will be accepted from Feb. 15 through March 15, 2019, after which time select candidates will be interviewed across a variety of agency disciplines, including creative, account services, brand strategy, digital and motion graphics. The agency will also consider hybrid roles combining more than one area of talent and interest. Two Mountaineers will ultimately be selected for the program.
The Mountaineers apprenticeship will run from June 3 through Nov. 1, 2019. At the end of the program, candidates have the potential of being offered full-time positions with the agency. Information about how to apply and details about the program can be found at YamamotoMountaineers.com
The American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP), a professional membership association for clinical pharmacists located in Lenexa, KS, is seeking a Communications and Social Media Coordinator.
The Communications and Social Media Coordinator will work alongside other ACCP staff to coordinate and streamline outgoing organizational communications, and to develop, implement, track, and optimize communications across all channels. This is a unique opportunity to play an integral role in helping establish this newly created position.
Duties & Responsibilities :
- Maintain the organization’s social media accounts, including content creation and curation
- Work with staff from across the College to coordinate and align the writing, editing, and publishing of electronic newsletters and related website content
- Coordinate press releases, media requests, and follow-up
- Coordinate the production and dissemination of podcasts and other digital media
- Coordinate and carry out the measurement and reporting of the effectiveness of digital marketing and communication activities
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on those insights
- Develop new and creative communication strategies to enhance audience reach, engage members, and promote products and programs
- Evaluate emerging communication technologies; provide leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Work with the Director, Clinical Practice Advancement and the Senior Project Manager, Marketing and Production to align communications across multiple platforms
- Support the Director, Clinical Practice Advancement and the Senior Project Manager, Marketing and Production in the planning and execution of all web, SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media, and advertising campaigns
- Assist the Senior Project Manager, Marketing and Production in executing the organization’s marketing plan in alignment with the broader communication plan, and in maintaining brand identity
- Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience
- Assist with other external and internal communication duties as needed
For more information and to apply, see https://www.indeed.com/job/communications-and-social-media-coordinator-b0a818bfbb8d6a59
Bravo Greater Des Moines was formed in 2004 by a collaboration of nine central Iowa local governments to provide reliable funding and leadership to the arts, culture and heritage community. This summer, Bravo Greater Des Moines will host Americans for the Arts’ (AftA) Diversity in Arts Leadership internship program (DIAL). For nearly 20 years this has been a successful program in New York City. By 2022, AftA would like to activate seven additional communities to adopt the program in order to expand access to those traditionally untapped for arts leadership around the country. Des Moines is one of the first two national pilot sites.
Bravo’s goal is to match seven interns with host organizations in Greater Des Moines for summer 2019.
Applications are now open for interns interested in participating in DIAL this summer. This is a paid internship ($4,500 for 10 weeks) and is a wonderful opportunity for students to make a difference in DSM. The intern application can be found here: https://www.americansforthearts.org/about-americans-for-the-arts/internships/diversity-in-arts-leadership-internship
The intern application deadline is Feb. 13.
Saga Communications’ Des Moines Radio Group is hiring for seasonal promotions and marketing part-time positions for summer 2019. The position will run from May through August. The position provides an opportunity for students who are interested in careers in either radio broadcasting or marketing and promotions.
Interns will have an opportunity to attend station events, concerts and private listener VIP parties. They will network with department heads, on-air staff and industry insiders. Des Moines Radio Group serves nearly 300,000 listeners on nine stations.
Requirements for the job:
- Able to work 10-26 hours/week
- Strong customer service skills
- Able to think outside the box
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 computer skills required; Adobe skills preferred
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
- Available to work nights and weekends
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
Preferred but not required skills:
- Able to shoot and edit video
- Able to shoot and edit photos
- Knowledge of graphic design programs
- Basic event planning skills
- Knowledge of broadcast radio equipment and programs
To apply, send resume, cover letter and recommendations no later than March 15 to:
1416 Locust St.
Des Moines, IA 50309
No phone calls please. Des Moines Radio Group is an equal opportunity employer.