Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission (IRGC) is seeking administrative interns to assist with implementation of Sports Wagering in Iowa.
Interns will be paid $15.00/hour and will work 10-40 hours per week.
Duties will include:
- Assistance with rule writing and development of policies and procedures related to sports betting
- Interpretation and application of rules and new legislation
- Statistical compilation
- Review license applications and other documents for completeness and to verify all requested documentation is received
- Review of internal controls and policies and procedures for new sports betting operations
- Technology review
- Verification of licensure and good standing with other jurisdictions
- Research as requested
Attention to detail and organization is required. It is anticipated that most work will be conducted at the IRGC offices in Des Moines, but travel to a licensed facility in Iowa or occasionally work remotely may be allowed/required.
Submit application to Betty Tschetter, Director of Administration/Licensing at email@example.com. Please include hours available along with a resume and cover letter.
Internships will start as soon as possible and may last through the upcoming school year.