Title: Marketing and Communications Intern
Type: Part Time (15-25 hours/week)
Reports To: Marketing and Communications Manager
Primary Companies Supported: Wright Service Corp., Wright Tree Service, Wright Tree Service of the West, CN Utility Consulting, Terra Spectrum Technologies
- Assist with planning and coordination of annual awards banquet, regional and national conferences and tradeshows, client appreciation events, management meetings, employee training, and other events and initiatives.
- Assist with organization of corporate office social, volunteer, and wellness events together with other marketing and communications staff and employee volunteers.
- Research and distribute relevant public information about companies, competitors, and markets.
- Develop and/or coordinate content, including copy, functionality, photo and video, for websites, newsletters, collateral, bids and reports, direct mail, social media, and other marketing and communications deliverables for both internal and external audiences.
- Coordinate graphic design of ads, newsletters, websites, collateral, direct mail, and other marketing and communications deliverables to ensure strategic and consistent branding and messaging.
- Serve as a resource and editor for other employees’ communications.
- Maintain internal documents, including website analytics, market opportunity database, customer lists, organization charts, library of industry and company publications, etc.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, or other related field.
- Solid written and oral communication skills; creativity and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and project management skills; the ability to work on multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Willingness and ability to learn about the contract-based utility vegetation management industry in which our companies operate.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products; willingness and ability to learn other programs as necessary; familiarity with WordPress, photography and Adobe design programs a plus.
- Strong references.
Compensation and Benefits:
Hourly wage will be commensurate with education level, relative experience, and other attributes.
Email cover letter, resume, and three writing samples to Marketing and Communications Manager Sara Harpenau at email@example.com. Please note pre-employment drug screening is required and background checks may be conducted.
For Summer 2015, the World Food Prize Foundation will select one intern to assist specifically in the areas of communications and public relations. The intern will support the efforts of the communications team. Duties include:
- Writing and editing press releases, articles and other information
- Researching and creating target media lists
- Outreach to local, national, and international media
- Marketing and promoting World Food Prize events
- Website content and design
- Updating and maximizing social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
- Newsletter production
- Manage news archives
The ideal candidate will have excellent written and oral communication skills, the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, an eye for layout, and a willingness to express new ideas and work as part of a team.
This internship is an opportunity to become an integral part of The World Food Prize Foundation – an internationally renowned organization – and through work in communications, interact with organizations and individuals all over the world. This includes: government officials, international experts in agriculture and the environment, World Food Prize Laureates, leaders in industry and business, and members of local and national media. Furthermore, Carver Interns learn first-hand both the public and private side of operating an international non-profit organization.
Interns are unpaid but may be eligible for course credit. While a minimum commitment of 12 hours per week is required, the program provides flexibility for each intern’s schedule, and some interns choose to work full time. While start and end dates are also flexible, a minimum commitment of three months is required.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Crystal Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 12.
Inquiry calls (515-245-3731) and emails are accepted.
Patch is a network of hyperlocal news sites extending to over 900 communities across America. We provide excellent, high-velocity local journalism and serve as a digital town square, providing citizens and businesses the platform to connect with their communities. Continue reading
Qmyfood is an Iowa-based restaurant technology company with a simple mission statement – design by restaurant operators should drive development of restaurant technology. The Company has created an environment to develop and test proprietary restaurant technology with the goal of building a portfolio of applications that improve how restaurants interact with their customers and best integrate new technologies into their operations. Please visit the company’s website for more background http://www.Qmyfood.com. Continue reading
GasPedal, the company behind SocialMedia.org and WordofMouth.org, is hiring a writer to join our Communications Team for the summer of 2015 in our Austin or Chicago office. You’ll write about social media and word of mouth marketing to 50,000 fans. You’ll help us with blog content, email newsletters, and social media — and we’ll teach you everything we know. Continue reading
Drake’s Theatre Arts Department is currently seeking applicants for the Public Relations/Publicity Manager for the 2015-16 school year. This is a school year long commitment, you set your own hours but it’s typically 10hr/week. It is a paid position and is a seriously awesome job as you manage all of the PR efforts and gain really well rounded experience!
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1 at 5 p.m.
Responsibilities are to work with the faculty of the Department of Theatre Arts to:
-Create a PR/Marketing plan for Theatre Department 2015-16 season
-Develop a marketing plan for new and creative ways to reach and inform audiences about each of the six Drake Theatre productions
-Act as a liaison between the Theatre Department and University Communications.
-Craft press releases for each production
-Manage social media for Theatre Arts’ events.
-Create playbills and promotional materials using Adobe Creative Suite
-Manage the Publicity budget
Below are the desired qualifications:
-Strong writing and communication skills
-An appreciation for theatre
-Social media management experience
-Some PR/Marketing classes
-Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (mostly InDesign) preferred
-Organization and timeliness
-A willingness to be creative
Feel free to email email@example.com with any questions!
2015 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM SUMMER | FALL
Assist with Iowa Medical Society (IMS) strategic communications and marketing initiatives with primary focus on conducting market research and creating multi-media collateral materials for events and initiatives.
- University student (graduate or undergraduate [junior or senior]).
- Background in any of the following, but not limited to: journalism or mass communications, international relations or business, English, political science, marketing, or healthcare policy.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and predominant social media platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be self-directed and work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set and meet deadlines and maintain accurate records.
SCHEDULE | PAY
Part-time, flexible hours to work around class schedule. Must be available for a minimum of 15 hours per week. $8.00 – $12.00 hour. Free parking.
IMS is an Equal Opportunity employer. Send resume and cover letter to:
Director, Strategic Communications & Marketing
Iowa Medical Society
515 E. Locust Street
Des Moines, IA 50309
FAX: 515-223-0590 firstname.lastname@example.org