Paid internship (student-to-grad also possible) in Des Moines working for Exec Director of Iowa Healthiest State Initiative. Looking for someone who can write and schedule out social media, write great press releases and talking points, and also develop creative materials. Successful applicant must commit to 900 hours of work between Feb 1 and Aug 31 (31 weeks of work). Pay + professional training also. INTERESTED? Send an email with your resume and/or link to portfolio or website to Jami@IowaHealthiestState.com.
Central Iowa Sports is looking for a motivated creative summer intern. This intern will gain valuable experience in journalism, broadcasting and social media. On the weekends, interns will assist filming sports events such as softball, baseball, and basketball games, along with the production of broadcast videos and help to promote special events on social media.
The media intern will gain valuable skills that can provide portfolio building experience. Previous experience with film, reporting and social media is required. Must be available on the weekends.
Interested? Please send a current resume and cover letter to Aubrey at email@example.com
At Wellmark we strive to offer meaningful work that assists in your professional development and provides value to the team. This particular internship with Wellmark’s Creative Services Team within Corporate & Marketing Communications will be focused as a Video Production Intern.
This opportunity will give you real-life experience working in video production and post-production within a corporate environment. You will learn how to interact with internal clients, understand business needs and create multimedia solutions to meet those needs. You will also learn about working within create services and how the team supports one another.
This Internship will be from April- August of 2016, with flexible hours from April-May.
• Accountability: Owning and taking responsibility for one’s actions.
• Business Acumen: Understanding industry, market, financial and company specific operations
• Collaboration and Communication: Working together; listen to other’s ideas; communicate accurately and concisely
• Decision Making: Consider all facts and impacts when making decisions
• Focus on the Customer: Consistently doing what is in the best interest of our customer. Leaving a positive impression on the customer by elevating their experience; making it simpler and educating to helping them understand.
Minimum Qualifications Required (all must be met to be considered):
Current student or recent graduate in Photography, Film or Broadcasting major or related program
Completed courses in video production or photography
Experience with NLE and Microsoft Office Products
Effective communication skills
Resourceful and able to work independently
Hiring Specifications Preferred:
Knowledge of Adobe Premier Pro and Adobe Photoshop
Previous internship experience working video production and post-production or relatable experience in school and have a video reel to share
1. Conceptualize video projects and assist with script creation
2. Assist with video pre-production that includes location scouting and casting
3. Assist in shooting HD and Raw Video
4. Assist in Audio and lighting production
5. Assist in post-production using Adobe Creative Suite (experience preferred).
6. Catalogue and maintain archive videos
7. Perform equipment & software maintenance
8. Follow established processes and guidelines to ensure project and branding objectives are met and that the integrity of the corporate identity is upheld.
The Des Moines Urban Experience magazine seeks freshmen and sophomores, who are enrolled in Drake University’s School of Journalism & Mass Communications, to apply for an Editorial Internship with The Des Moines Urban Experience magazine.
The mission of The Des Moines Urban Experience magazine is to make our publication the voice to be heard throughout the state of Iowa with an emphasis on empowering African-Americans to make a positive impact in the community.
Interns need to be reliable, industrious, and possess basic computer skills.
Editorial Internship Description
The Editorial Internship will begin on January 25, 2016 and end on May 13, 2016.
Interns will gain experience with researching, writing (occasionally contributing short pieces to the magazine), and proofreading. Interns will also have minimal experiences in planning content.
During their time at The Des Moines Urban Experience magazine, interns will have unique opportunities to learn about local and statewide issues affecting urban communities.
Interns are expected to work eight hours a week.
Location: The Des Moines Urban Experience magazine, 1330 Keosauqua Way, Des Moines, IA 50309
Internship Coordinator: Celeste Lawson, The Des Moines Urban Experience magazine
Contact: Rod Bradley, Publisher, The Des Moines Urban Experience magazine
To apply for this internship, please contact Celeste Lawson, Internship Coordinator, The Des Moines Urban Experience magazine, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you interested in making your community better by using effective communication? Viva East Bank!, a coalition of partners working together to revitalize three neighborhoods in Des Moines, is looking for a communications intern who gets excited about community engagement and community impact.
This intern will have the opportunity to engage in multiple communications projects to build awareness of the coalition and share the message of revitalization with the broader community. Viva East Bank! is an exciting initiative in Des Moines that someone who is passionate about community will love being a part of.
Here’s what an intern can expect from this position:
- Find interesting stories from residents and partners about how they are making an impact in the neighborhoods
- Write blog posts and e-newsletters to share with different audiences
- Write press releases about community building events and projects
- Update social media pages
- Produce or helping with community events as needed
- Organize content and data
Preferred student: marketing, public relations, junior or senior
Unpaid internship or for credit
10-15 hours per week, work location is flexible
Please email Emily Boyd with a resume and short explanation of why you’re interested: email@example.com
At Wellmark we strive to offer meaningful work that assists in your professional development and provides value to the team; you will come away from an internship with Wellmark’s Brand Communications team with hands-on experience working on PR, Social Media and Corporate Sponsorship projects.
As a summer intern for Brand Communications some examples of projects you may work on would be the following:
- Write a monthly article for Wellmark to place monthly with the Iowa and South Dakota Newspaper Associations
- Participate in development and execution of our three-year PR strategic plan
- Monitor media coverage and create weekly news alerts
- Assist in PR activities related to the launch of revised 3 Point Play program
- Report real time updates from Wellmark sponsored events internally and externally
- Monitor conversations on Wellmark’s social media properties
- Support the sponsorship manager in planning, logistics and on-site activation strategies for Wellmark’s 3 Point Play Program
- Develop communications plans and promotional campaigns for the launch of the revised 3 Point Play program to engage internal and external stakeholders
This internship will start in May of 2016.
The Greater Des Moines Partnership is looking for a creative and qualified intern to join the Communications/Marketing Department for 20 hours/week, beginning January, 2016. The intern will participate in various stages of design and marketing campaigns for the Greater Des Moines Partnership and Downtown Des Moines signature events. This intern should be prepared to actively participate in a collaborative environment and contribute to the creative process.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
• Assist with creative direction for marketing campaign concepts
• Assist with creation/edits of promotional materials such as brochures, flyers, advertisements, newsletters, signage & banners, etc., while adhering to brand identity
• Assist with event photography and photo editing
• Prepare PowerPoint presentations
• Provide support to social media efforts
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
• Is experienced with or has an understanding of pre-press and/or print production
• Can take creative direction and apply to aesthetic and functional design
• Shows ambition, takes initiative and provides ideas and recommendations to improve or enhance existing ideas
• Has experience with project management and meeting deadlines
• Enjoys a collaborative environment yet self-sufficient and confident working independently
• Has excellent written and communication skills
• Is detail oriented and possesses strong organizational skills
The Greater Des Moines Partnership is looking for an undergraduate student in the Des Moines area who is
majoring in Art, Design, Graphic Design, Marketing, or Related Majors. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite on MAC and PC platforms and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications is required. Web and video knowledge is a plus.
SUBMIT RESUME TO:
Jenna Brownlee, GREATER DES MOINES PARTNERSHIP
601 Locust St, Ste 700 |
Des Moines, IA 50309