Saga Communications’ Des Moines Radio Group is hiring for seasonal promotions and marketing part-time positions for summer 2019. The position will run from May through August. The position provides an opportunity for students who are interested in careers in either radio broadcasting or marketing and promotions.
Interns will have an opportunity to attend station events, concerts and private listener VIP parties. They will network with department heads, on-air staff and industry insiders. Des Moines Radio Group serves nearly 300,000 listeners on nine stations.
Requirements for the job:
- Able to work 10-26 hours/week
- Strong customer service skills
- Able to think outside the box
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 computer skills required; Adobe skills preferred
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
- Available to work nights and weekends
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
Preferred but not required skills:
- Able to shoot and edit video
- Able to shoot and edit photos
- Knowledge of graphic design programs
- Basic event planning skills
- Knowledge of broadcast radio equipment and programs
To apply, send resume, cover letter and recommendations no later than March 15 to:
1416 Locust St.
Des Moines, IA 50309
No phone calls please. Des Moines Radio Group is an equal opportunity employer.