TALENTED COMMUNICATORS WANTED!
- Are you energized by wordsmithing text and editing copy?
- Do you have a knack for helping others polish and present their stories?
- Would you thrive enabling work that improves the human condition?
If the answer is yes, the Office of Research and Economic Development at the University of Nebraska‐Lincoln (UNL) invites you to apply for a position within its Office of Proposal Development (OPD) at one of two levels: 1) Proposal Development Specialist (entry‐level) or 2) Proposal Development Coordinator (mid‐level). Multiple hires are possible, and successful candidates will join an experienced team of dedicated, client‐focused professionals providing proposal development support to UNL faculty, administrators, and staff.
Proposal Development Specialists and Coordinators contribute valuable communication and editing expertise to the UNL research enterprise. Team members in these positions edit the narrative components of grant proposals to ensure compliance with sponsor guidelines and to improve content, clarity, organization, and visual appeal. Staff in these positions work with single investigator and small group grant proposals and provide editorial support for team members managing large complex projects.
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or a relevant scientific discipline. Candidates with an anticipated graduation date in May, 2018, will be considered. In addition, competitive candidates will be:
- effective communicators who can identify the best approach to reach different audiences and produce communications based on that understanding;
- capable of building strong relationships and delivering client‐focused solutions;
- nimble in approach and demeanor and able to satisfy the fluid demands of project or proposal development as well as the work styles of diverse individuals and teams;
- selfless team‐players who are energized by work in a fast‐paced, collaborative setting; and
- creative, dedicated, accountable, and invested in the land‐grant university mission.
Salaries in OPD are competitive. Specialists earn $40,000 to $55,000 per year, and Coordinators earn $55,000 to $75,000 annually. Compensation and level of position will be determined at time of hire based on candidate qualifications and experience. OPD team members benefit from a tiered staffing structure that provides a clear, established pathway for professional growth and advancement.
This is an excellent opportunity for new graduates to embark on a career in grant writing. Relocation assistance is available, and the benefits package includes a staff/dependent scholarship program. For more details and to apply, view requisition S_180208 at https://employment.unl.edu. Review of applications will begin on March 26, 2018. The search will remain active until the positions have been filled. For questions or accommodations related to this position, contact Ember Welsch at 402‐472‐4563.