Investigative Reporters and Editors (IRE) is hosting a workshop in Des Moines on Saturday, Sept. 30 and Sunday, Oct. 1. Sessions cover such topics as computer-assisted reporting, social media and using public records. For more information and to register, see https://ire.org/events-and-training/event/3444/.
Drake University’s Office of Community Engaged Learning is hiring an Undergraduate Assistant (UGA) for the 2017-2018 academic year to help measure the impact of community engagement partnerships.
The UGA will work under the supervision of the Director of Community Engaged Learning to enhance tools and processes for tracking community engagement and specific community partnerships across the institution. The UGA will help develop methods to collect and store community partner data, and then analyze the data and provide recommendations for ways to best utilize the data. The efforts of the UGA will enable Drake to map the depth and breadth of our many community partnerships so we can enhance communication and collaboration across colleges and begin to measure our collective impact. The person in this position will gain or enhance knowledge in community engagement, service-learning, community relations, and skills in research, assessment, and data analytics.
The student in this position will work 5-7 hours per week. Pay is $9.00/hr.
If interested in applying, please send a cover letter of 500 words or less stating your interest in the position and resume to Amanda Martin, Amanda.email@example.com by midnight Sept 24, 2017.
Each applicant must list on their resume one reference, either a faculty, staff, or community partner who can speak to your organization/management, teamwork and professional skills.
Interviews will take place the week of Sept. 25.
- Knowledge of data analytics
- Sophomore, junior or senior (preference will be given to juniors and seniors)
UGA Data Analytics Specific
- Using criteria from the Continuous Improvement Plan’s Community Engagement Score, develop a matrix of institutional community partners and identify the criteria each partner meets
- Utilize Microsoft Excel 3D Mapping tool and/or other geographic information systems (GIS) to develop geographical maps that demonstrate the network of community engagement efforts at Drake
- Develop a report on the breadth and depth (i.e. issue areas served, number of Drake connections, types of service performed) of community partnerships, identify areas of duplication and opportunities for collaboration
- Develop a process for annually collecting department, course-level and student organization community partnership information
- Communicate with various colleges and faculty to identify faculty/community partnerships
- Communicate with various student organizations to identify community partnerships
- Reach out to community partners to collect data on number of Drake students who served at their organization, and types of projects and work completed
The Pew Research Center in Washington, D.C., offers a range of internships and full-time jobs in journalism, research, web development and data. See the link below for more information:
Two Rivers Marketing is looking for a marketing data analyst to join our growing team. This individual will work across the agency teams to help collect, manage and analyze various marketing data sets, such as website analytics, email campaigns, CRM data, social media platforms, online advertising and other sources. The person will also help with performance reporting on activities that have already occurred as well as identify opportunities and criteria for future marketing success with clients and the agency.
- Develop dashboards and reports for clients’ website, email marketing, social media, and digital media.
- Work with Google Analytics, AdWords, Facebook Insights, email marketing reports and other sources to report relevant data
- Help client teams identify opportunities and optimize digital marketing efforts based on data analysis
- Identify trends in client data and offer recommendations for action
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in related field (math, economics, engineering or related)
- 5+ years working with data and analytics/BI tools
- Understanding of client reporting efforts including process and deadlines
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to work with team members who are highly technical as well as those with little to no technical experience
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
For more information or to apply see: