Alpha Media – Redwood Falls, MN is seeking an Agricultural Director for our two radio stations. The ideal candidate is a news/communications professional with a strong background in agriculture and enthusiasm for informing both agricultural and non-agricultural audiences about what is going on in the industry that brings us our food, fiber, and fuel. This job opportunity is well-suited for someone with a diverse range of skills, or a desire to gain such skills through the daily experience of working as an on-air radio talent, a news writer, an interviewer, and a digital content producer.
Responsibilities of this position may include the following:
- Conduct interviews with agribusiness news sources and convert information obtained into stories, reports, or long-form interviews for use on-air and on the website.
- Provide up-to-the minute market reports throughout the day.
- Convert information obtained through news releases and other sources into stories and reports for use on-air and/or on the website.
- Edit and refine audio for use on-air and/or on the website.
- Download audio feeds from outside sources.
- Load audio into audio folders for use by others, including for on-air purposes.
- Post material to the website and social media.
- Produce photos, videos, graphic images, and other materials for use on the website and for other purposes such as station promotion.
- Perform regular air shift as assigned, including two half-hour farm programs; fill in as necessary.
- Various productions tasks as needed or requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements for this position include the following:
- Able to develop on-going relationships with local, state, and national officials.
- Ability to relate to listeners from a wide range of demographics.
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a team player and work well with all levels of management.
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of agriculture and related issues.
- Ability to multi-task and handle constantly evolving deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Preference may be given to candidates who have the above experience plus the following:
- Previous experience in broadcast media.
- Previous agricultural reporting and/or writing experience.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing entity submit your cover letter and resume ASAP by clicking the APPLY NOW button at the top of the page at http://www.alphamediausa.com/job/agricultural-director-announcer/.
Candidates who need assistance due to a disability, please leave a message with 877-459-5750 and your call will be returned.
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.