Happy Medium, a Des Moines full-service marketing agency, is searching for a director of connection strategy with leadership skills and expertise in digital marketing and social media. See https://itsahappymedium.com/careers/director-connection-strategy/ for the job description and how to apply.
IRTS SUMMER FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
June 3 – August 4, 2018
APPLICATIONS DUE: SUNDAY, DEC. 3 (Midnight Eastern Standard Time)
Eligible students have the chance to participate in an exciting media industry internship in New York City that includes travel, accommodations and an allowance!
Students must be college juniors, seniors, or graduate students as of April 2018.
Students selected for this highly competitive program learn about opportunities throughout the media industry, in addition to interning at a specific company where skills are matched to a corresponding area of our business. Accomplished students from all majors (including math, liberal arts, computer science, business, marketing, communications, etc.) are encouraged to apply.
The IRTS Summer Fellowship Program has had a key role in launching the careers of top professionals in the media business for more than 45 years.
For detailed eligibility information and to learn more click here: 2018 IRTS SUMMER FELLOWSHIP DETAILS.
APPLY NOW: 2018 FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION
Barkley, a creative and innovation agency in Kansas City, is seeking applicants for its paid summer “mentorship” program.
Barkley is looking for rock stars to join it in Strategy, Social Media, Public Relations, Creative, Design, Account Management and Production. Applications can be found on https://www.barkleyus.com/careers/#positions. The application deadline is Dec. 8.
For more information or questions, contact Barkley recruiting manager Kate Moore at email@example.com.
The NBCUniversal/LNESC Scholarship Program is intended to assist and encourage outstanding Latino students with an interest in the media and entertainment industry pursue a bachelor’s degree at a U. S. post-secondary institution. The NBCUniversal/LNESC Scholarship Program is sponsored by NBCUniversal and administered by the LULAC National Educational Service Centers (LNESC).
The NBCUniversal/LNESC Scholarship Program will award 10 $5,000 national scholarships to qualified sophomores and juniors. Applicants must be enrolled full-time in an accredited college or university; at least 18 years of age or older; have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale; be a U. S. Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident; and have an interest in the media and entertainment industry; all majors are welcome.
Applicants must submit the following by the deadline of Nov. 6, 2017:
- Completed online application, including submission of the following:
- College transcript with proof of cumulative grade point average
- Three letters of recommendation, including a complete telephone number and email address for each reference
For more information, please click here.
TopRank Marketing in Minneapolis has seven open positions:
- Content Marketing Manager
- Social Media Marketing & Influencer Relations Specialist
- Digital Advertising Manager
- Account Manager
- Digital Marketing Analyst
- SEO Strategist
- Graphic Designer
See https://www.toprankmarketing.com/careers/ for more information about the agency.
Public Relations / Communications Internship
Deadline: October 1, 2017
Contact: Bill Pinegar
Location: Des Moines – Civic Center
Des Moines Performing Arts has an exciting opportunity for students interested in positioning world-class arts, entertainment, education and cultural activities.
We are seeking current college students for our fall public relations/communications internship program. Primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, event promotion, copywriting, social media strategy/implementation and assisting with season marketing activities including the popular Willis Broadway Series at the Des Moines Civic Center. This position is ideal for students majoring in public relations, communications or marketing. Skills in copywriting, graphic design, video production, digital advertising and social media are preferred.
This paid internship will run the fall semester. Applicants must be available a minimum of 15-20 hours per week. This position is temporary and will end in December.
Des Moines Performing Arts is a premier organization showcasing a variety of professional productions while providing an exciting and dynamic work environment. If you are interested, please visit us online at www.dmpa.orgto learn more and apply. Only those submitting both cover letter and resume will be considered. PDF files only.
Des Moines Performing Arts is an equal opportunity employer.
JOB SUMMARY: The Marketing & Game Operations Coordinator for the Iowa Wild Hockey Club, AHL Affiliate of the NHL’s Minnesota Wild will assist the Director of Marketing with any brand development and focused efforts to drive revenue growth through Marketing and Game Operations strategies.
- Assist Director of Marketing in developing strategic marketing plans as well as planning and facilitating media buying and creative development for print, radio, out of home, digital advertising and other new media placements
- Assist Director of Marketing in hiring, training and managing staff and payroll for part-time staff
- Assist Director of Marketing in all aspects of the in-game presentation
- Devise new and creative in-game and in-arena entertainment, including on-ice promotions, fan interactive elements, etc
- Manage the development and execution of special events to achieve key short and long term brand goals (cause marketing events such as Pink in the Rink night, VIP events, etc…)
- Conduct market research and generate reports based off of current marketing trends in the local and expanded markets to assist in development of annual marketing plan
- Create and manage email marketing calendar. Collaborate with Marketing Intelligence for email marketing campaign creation, execution, and reporting analysis.
- Serves as liaison between the company and advertising agencies, freelance talent, print suppliers, and other marketing services
- Assist Director of Marketing with team promotional schedule
- Manage and track the expenses for each assigned project. Ensure budget is managed properly
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree
- One to three years of experience in Marketing or Public Relations, sports or live events.
- Must be able to work all Iowa Wild home games and special events.
- Ability to multi-task, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and work under tight deadlines a must.
- Efficiently and effectively communicate in high pressure environment with other departments, vendors and guests.
- Computer and program skills include, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and analytics.
- Extended working hours periodically required as directed by business needs.
- Candidates must be innovative, self-starters, highly creative workers with good follow-up skills, energetic, organized and excellent interpersonal skills.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree in Marketing, Business, Journalism, Event Management or Public Relations.
- Knowledge of market research, special event planning and marketing strategies, e-marketing strategies and media planning/buying.
- Preferred Skills include, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Dynamics CRM or database management software.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle objects and office tools, reach, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is exposed to an office environment, with noise levels usually moderate.
* This job description does not contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other tasks and duties may be assigned as needed.