Expand your knowledge of the marketing field. The mall marketing internship involves marketing, communications, event planning, advertising and public relations for the entire mall. Assist the Marketing Director in the planning and execution of special and community events. Communicate weekly with store managers. Assist the Marketing Director in developing and maintaining local outreach/customer loyalty programs. This includes database management, direct mail, event and promotion planning, etc. Responsibilities include:
Manage Online Presence
- Update site with press releases and upcoming events.
- Update site with store event, promotions and job listings.
- Update store listings and phone numbers as needed.
- Review Google Analytics reports to assess trends.
- Make social media suggestions specific for each vehicle – Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Review customer comments using property name and hashtags.
- Recommend content that will keep customers engaged – not just self-promotional.
- Review all google alerts for property. Assuring information is accurate and up to date.
- Printing all articles mentioning property for media binder.
- Reach out to store managers regarding advertising opportunities such as in mall signage, displays, website listings, social media, etc.
- Secure retail participation for property promotions to include but not limited to sweepstakes, loyalty programs and local outreach.
- Secure retail participation for property events.
- Prepare biweekly Red Hot News for the tenants with necessary participation forms, memo, etc.
Events – Focus on Grand Opening
- Assist in securing tenant and sponsor participation.
- Manage registration database of event attendees (if applicable).
- Manage and track store, vendor and sponsor participation.
- Assist in overall event planning and execution.
- Create table and directional signage as needed.
- Assist with event set up and breakdown.
- Take photos of participants, vendors, set up and signage.
- Assist in event management and representing the property through registration or outreach table.
- Walk property to ensure visual standards are being met. Check signage. Fill sign holders and directories.
- Ensure the Welcome Center is displaying current information and has stock of directories, coupon books, etc.
- Marketing, Business or Communications Major preferred.
- Preferably a Junior or Senior.
- Transportation to Outlets of Des Moines.
- Must be a team player with creative ideas.
- Must be well organized, self-motivated, and detail-oriented, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Must have excellent spelling and grammar.
- Excellent judgment and discretion.
- Understanding of retail a plus but not required.
Hours: Minimum of 10 hours per week, with up to 20 hours depending on workload. Weekly schedule TBD
Location: 801 Bass Pro Drive, Altoona, IA 50009
Reports to: Marketing Director
Inquiries: Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify period you are interested in for internship (i.e. summer, fall).