Hours: 6 hours per week, with flexible scheduling during normal campus hours of operation
Salary: $9 per hour
Supervisor: Aaron Jaco, Assistant Director – Public Relations
- Research, write, edit and coordinate a wide variety of content for the Public Relations team, including press releases and feature articles for the Drake Newsroom.
- Compile weekly reports of University-related media coverage.
- Assist in generation and development of story ideas for PR and Alumni Relations.
- Assist with internal communications tasks such as writing, compiling, and editing OnCampus newsletter as needed.
- Additional tasks as assigned.
- The student assistant will ideally start the week of Monday, Jan. 29, or as soon as possible thereafter. The position will end by Friday, May 11.
- Applicants must be able to prove strong writing, interviewing, and note-taking skills, typically through a portfolio of samples specific to the role they desire.
- Applicants must have completed at least one full year (preferably two full years) of undergraduate study, including coursework in areas related to the requirements of the position. They should also have some prior employment experience, with preference given to those who have completed a prior internship or have had other pre-professional experience with emphasis on the specific area of expertise.
- The student hired must be confident and mature, and be able to act professionally at all times. Because the department handles sensitive and sometimes confidential information, student assistants are held to the highest level of trust and discretion.
- Applicants must have a strong interest in public relations, marketing, English, journalism, or related field. Preference will be given to students who are majoring in relevant fields of study.
- To be considered for this opportunity, please send a resume and a short writing sample to Aaron Jaco, Assistant Director – Public Relations, via email at email@example.com.
- Applications received by Friday, Jan. 26, will be guaranteed full consideration. The position will remain open until filled.