Department: University Communications
Term: Spring 2018
Hours: 20 hours per week, with flexible scheduling during normal campus hours of operation
Salary: $9 per hour
Supervisor: Jason Nunemaker, Assistant Director – Content Management
- Research, write, edit and coordinate a wide variety of content for digital and social media, including producing short videos
- Assist with the redesign of the University’s alumni website, including rewriting content to align with the University’s new brand platform and strategizing and implementing ways to improve alumni’s experience using the site
- Assist with email communications to alumni and other targeted audiences
- Help build various webpages and forms, as needed
- Though this position will report to the Digital Communications team, the student assistant will also work closely with the Alumni and Donor Communications team.
- The student assistant will ideally start the week of Monday, Jan. 29, or as soon as possible thereafter. The position will end by Friday, May 11.
- All applicants must be enrolled in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication. (The position is being funded by SJMC scholarship funds.)
- Applicants must have completed at least one full year (preferably two full years) of undergraduate study, including coursework in areas related to the requirements of the position. They should also have some prior employment experience, with preference given to those who have completed a prior internship or have had other pre-professional experience with emphasis on the specific area of expertise.
- Applicants must be able to prove strong technical skills, typically through a portfolio of samples specific to the role they desire (i.e. writing, social media, etc.)
- The student hired must be confident and mature, and be able to act professionally at all times. Because the department handles sensitive and sometimes confidential information, student assistants are held to the highest level of trust and discretion.
- To be considered for this opportunity, please send a resume and a short writing sample to Jason Nunemaker, Assistant Director – Content Management, via email at email@example.com.
- Applications received by Friday, Jan. 26, will be guaranteed full consideration. The position will remain open until filled.