Drake Law School is seeking a communications intern to write feature stories, news releases, web content, and more.
- Write feature stories on Drake Law students, alumni, or faculty identified by the Communications Coordinator.
- Write news releases on Drake Law events and news.
- Write content for various Drake Law web projects, such as a student spotlight webpage.
- Proofread communications such as emails, programs, and invitations for various Drake Law departments, including Admissions, Development, and the Dean’s Office.
- Strong writing skills
- Strong journalistic interviewing skills
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently while following directions
- Excellent attention to detail
- Photography or videography experience a plus
This internship will start immediately and run through December. Continuing work may be possible for spring semester. The time commitment is about 10 hours per week. Compensation is $10 per hour.
To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and 2-3 writing samples to:
Kayla Choate, Communications Coordinator
Drake University Law School