JOB SUMMARY: The Marketing & Game Operations Coordinator for the Iowa Wild Hockey Club, AHL Affiliate of the NHL’s Minnesota Wild will assist the Director of Marketing with any brand development and focused efforts to drive revenue growth through Marketing and Game Operations strategies.
- Assist Director of Marketing in developing strategic marketing plans as well as planning and facilitating media buying and creative development for print, radio, out of home, digital advertising and other new media placements
- Assist Director of Marketing in hiring, training and managing staff and payroll for part-time staff
- Assist Director of Marketing in all aspects of the in-game presentation
- Devise new and creative in-game and in-arena entertainment, including on-ice promotions, fan interactive elements, etc
- Manage the development and execution of special events to achieve key short and long term brand goals (cause marketing events such as Pink in the Rink night, VIP events, etc…)
- Conduct market research and generate reports based off of current marketing trends in the local and expanded markets to assist in development of annual marketing plan
- Create and manage email marketing calendar. Collaborate with Marketing Intelligence for email marketing campaign creation, execution, and reporting analysis.
- Serves as liaison between the company and advertising agencies, freelance talent, print suppliers, and other marketing services
- Assist Director of Marketing with team promotional schedule
- Manage and track the expenses for each assigned project. Ensure budget is managed properly
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree
- One to three years of experience in Marketing or Public Relations, sports or live events.
- Must be able to work all Iowa Wild home games and special events.
- Ability to multi-task, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and work under tight deadlines a must.
- Efficiently and effectively communicate in high pressure environment with other departments, vendors and guests.
- Computer and program skills include, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and analytics.
- Extended working hours periodically required as directed by business needs.
- Candidates must be innovative, self-starters, highly creative workers with good follow-up skills, energetic, organized and excellent interpersonal skills.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree in Marketing, Business, Journalism, Event Management or Public Relations.
- Knowledge of market research, special event planning and marketing strategies, e-marketing strategies and media planning/buying.
- Preferred Skills include, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Dynamics CRM or database management software.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle objects and office tools, reach, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is exposed to an office environment, with noise levels usually moderate.
* This job description does not contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other tasks and duties may be assigned as needed.