Job Summary: The content writer will develop and create content for print, digital media, or internal use. Well-researched and accurate content will be produced on tight deadlines. Writer will communicate with leadership, clients, and potential interview sources. Must follow company editorial style guide. Excellent writing, spelling, and understanding of grammar are essential to the role.
Supports: Business Publications Corp. WriteBrain division as well as assisting Advertising departments in the Business Record and dsm Magazine Divisions.
Reports to: WriteBrain Publisher
This position will support the efforts of the WriteBrain Division with the following responsibilities:
- Creating concise, eye-catching, and innovative headlines and body copy
- Researching and organizing facts and sources
- Interviewing sources
- Consistently brainstorming and collaborating with team for new ideas and strategies
- Building a following for brands on multiple media platforms with creative work
- Researching markets and industries to compare and create content that is innovative and original
- Collaborating with publisher, account managers, creative team, and designers
- Writing a wide variety of topics for multiple platforms (website, blogs, articles, social updates, banners, case studies, guides, white papers, etc.)
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent grasp of English language
- Creative and innovative thinker and planner
- Confident in producing work across multiple platforms
- Able to align multiple brand strategies and ideas
- Assists team members when needed to accomplish team goals
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Bachelor’s degree in creative writing, journalism, English, or related field
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel) and Google Docs
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strict adherence to company policies and style
- Ideal candidate will have a positive attitude and be a problem-solver
- Familiarity with keyword placement and SEO
- Extensive knowledge of the company, brand, and product preferred
Business Publications Corp. is a locally-owned company in the heart of Downtown Des Moines which offers an innovative, fast-paced culture. Flexible hours and generous PTO. Benefits include healthcare, dental, life insurance and 401(K).
Send your letter of interest, 3-5 writing samples, resume and references to Ashley Holter, email@example.com, BPC, 100 4th Street, Des Moines, IA 50309.