As the Drake Agricultural Law Center Office Assistant a student will gain a high level of professional experience managing data files, social media, websites, research reports, and conferences. The student will do significant communication work utilizing various online, social media, and e-mail tools.
Student responsibilities include:
• Developing a personal work plan
• Data entry and management
• File management, including organizing electronic files and documents
• Website design and updates
• Assisting with development and implementation of social media plan
• Communicating via phone, e-mail, website, Facebook, and Twitter
• Writing and editing documents varying from news release to web content and communications
• Event planning and implementation support
Hours: The position will begin immediately and run through December 2017. Upon mutual agreement, continuing work through the spring 2018 semester and summer 2018 is possible. Students will work between 8 and 10 hours/week during the semester.
• Major: Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, or a related field of study
• Experience designing professional social media campaigns
• Experience with Drake University website system (T4) and WordPress
• A basic knowledge of HTML or familiarity with a CMS
• Excellent attention to detail
• Advanced written and oral communications skills
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office
• Ability to follow directions while also working independently
• Ability to prioritize tasks and manage workload in a fast-paced environment
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Matt Russell at email@example.com
Applicants should review our two websites at http://www.drake.edu/law/clinics-centers/aglaw and http://www.drakeaglaw.org.