Research and draft social media campaigns and digital communications to support Planned Parenthood of the Heartland’s strategic plan. Train in the field of nonprofit marketing communications, and explore aspects of branding and public relations. Develop strong brand knowledge and provide support for the Marketing Communications team.
1. Support Communications Manager in planning and executing monthly social media campaigns, including curating relevant online content and graphic design assets.
2. Draft email copy and help develop overall email communications plan.
3. Draft content for internal and external publications, including print and digital.
4. Assist with tracking metrics on email and social media performance, advertising and web traffic.
5. Assist with recording and tracking invoices for department expenses.
6. Provide support to the Marketing Communications department for fundraising, educational and advocacy events, including execution of print and digital collateral.
7. Shadow in other areas of Planned Parenthood of the Heartland to develop strong organizational knowledge and generate new ideas to support branding for the organization.
8. Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Applicant must be currently enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution, working on a bachelor’s or graduate degree, preferably in marketing, media, journalism or a related field. Must display a commitment to reproductive justice, women’s health and/or gender equity. Applicant must have excellent writing and communication skills.
The length and weekly time commitment of your internship is variable depending on availability, but candidates must be able commit to a minimum of 10 hours per week for 12 weeks in order to get the most out of the internship experience. The successful applicant will receive a stipend of $1000 upon completion of the internship.
STRATEGIC THINKING: Thinks strategically, drives innovations and is adaptive
RESULTS FOCUS: Drives organizational results; demonstrates accountability & service mentality.
PEOPLE LEADERSHIP: Builds and manages workforce based on organizational goals, budget considerations and staffing needs. Provides an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
RELATIONSHIP LEADERSHIP: Build relationships internally and externally to achieve common goals. Models and encourages cooperation within the organization/with stakeholders by fostering commitment, pride and trust with self/staff.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to maintain confidentiality about all Planned Parenthood business and activities on and off the job.
LICENSES: Valid driver’s license if required to drive on PPHeartland business.
APPLICATIONS DUE: Fall Internship – August 18, 2017
To apply, submit resume, cover letter and three writing samples to Becca.Lee@ppheartland.org.