The Waukee School District in suburban Des Moines is looking for an intern to assist with this year’s big projects, which include: writing content and launching a new website, writing content for new marketing material using a new brand identity, creating and writing content for school bond campaign materials and implementing a district-wide social media plan.
The application deadline is being extended by three weeks.
Application, Cover Letter and Resume required.
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space (e.g., YouTube, Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, WordPress and Pinterest)
- Working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., Journalism, Mass Communications or Public Relations)
- Proficient computer skills to include: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe
- Experience with InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop highly desired
- Experience with content management systems desired
- Effective communication skills, written and oral
- Self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for the mission of WCSD and the community we serve
Start Date: 2017-18 School Year (August 2017-May 2018)
Hours: 15-20 hours/week
Compensation: $10 per hour
Description: Waukee Community School District (WCSD) seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist communication efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of public relations while working for one of the largest school districts in Iowa.
- Assist in planning and writing content for new district website and newsletters.
- Assist in maintaining district websites and providing blog support to staff.
- Assist in writing content for the district’s social media sites.