Paid Internship Opportunities for Fall 2017
Coders for Political Communication Research Project
Great opportunity for a flexible, PAID internship, especially for those interested
in news and politics!
SJMC Prof. Matt Thornton seeks to hire three or four students to work as “coders” on a political communication research project during the fall semester. Work to include reading newspaper articles about the 2016 U.S. Presidential campaign followed by coding or classifying aspects of the individual articles. Work location and schedule is flexible. Following initial training during the first week of fall semester, coding work can be completed at student’s place of convenience (home, school, etc.).
Length of internship: Approximately 12 weeks
Start date: September 1, 2017
Wage: $9.00 per hour
- Must be reliable
- Ability to OBJECTIVELY analyze news coverage
- Effective organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent observation skills
- Ability to commit 10-15 hours per week to project
- Access to Microsoft Excel
- Basic working knowledge of Excel helpful, but not required
- Interest in news and politics helpful, but not required
Apply by Wednesday, August 16, 2017
Interested applicants should send resume and letter of interest to
Email Prof. Thornton with any questions.