The Iowa Newspaper Foundation has a position open for a Program (Event) and Membership Coordinator. The job posting is below and enclosed. Interested candidates are encouraged to send a resume to Jana Shepherd at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coordinates all INF programming and event functions, including the INA Convention & Trade Show, INF seminars and webinars. Works under the general supervision and direction of the INF Program Director. Exercises initiative and independent judgment in the performance of assigned tasks. Performs all duties within the objectives, standards and policies of the Association and related entities
- Serves as facilitator for webinars and coordinator for seminars.
- Performs updates to the iMIS membership database and Outlook email address books.3. Works with outside vendors to secure meeting space/arrangements.
- Maintains registration database for all INF events and programs and processes follow up reports for each.
- Communicates with seminar, webinar and convention registrants via e-mail, phone and mail.
- Confirms receipt of registrations and distributes event details and directions to participants.
- Works with the Communications Director to create signs and support materials for INF programs.
- Coordinates all arrangements for board meetings.
- Works with contest team to coordinate and process the INF Better Newspaper Contests.
- Works with INF Program Director to coordinate speaker presentations and verify audio/visual needs and travel plans.
- Assists with the Annual Convention and Trade Show to include event logistics, nametags, signs, processing registrations and onsite coordination.
- Facilitates the INA Press Release Service, working with The Link to distribute press releases according to customer requests.
- This person is also encouraged to be on the lookout for qualified people who would make good additions to the INA staff and to forward these names to the INA Management Team, even if no openings exist. If a candidate for an opening, who has been referred by one of our staff member, is hired, that staff member will receive a $500 recruitment bonus after the new employee has been on staff for 6 months.
- Should make every effort to answer everyone’s questions, including member questions the same day they are asked.
- Assist with development and updates to INF promotional materials using InDesign.
- Performs proofreading of printed materials as needed.
- Serves on the phone rotation.
- May be asked to help with mailings.
- Performs any other duties as deemed necessary.
- One to two years of college
- Between 1 to 2 years’ of experience with event planning or program coordination
- Previous meeting planning and member services skills preferred
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must have good writing, spelling and language skills
- Experience in layout/design of promotional information helpful
- Must have MS Office experience (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook) and general computer skills
- Must be willing to learn additional software skills (including but not limited to iMIS and event registration sites)
- Must have accurate data-entry skills
- Must have good organizational skills; ability to handle multiple projects in a timely manner
- Must have ability to work well in a team-based environment
- Normal office environment with moderate physical requirements
- Limited travel within Iowa