Intern, Marketing & Event Coordinator
- PRIMARY FUNCTION: This paid internship will provide experience supporting professional development programs, conferences, website design, social media relations, newsletters and statewide awards program for LeadingAge Iowa, a non-profit trade association representing the spectrum of non-profit providers who serve more than 30,000 older adults in Iowa through skilled nursing, assisted and independent living, home health, adult day care, respite, hospice and home-delivered meals.
- HIGHLIGHTS: Internship will include redesign of association’s website and design of 2017 Fall Conference and Awards ceremony materials, signature association events.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Markets professional development programs.
- Markets awards nomination process and award winners.
- Designs marketing materials, displays and awards.
- Event Coordination
- Coordinate venue logistics for professional development events in conjunction with Director of Professional Development.
- Establish program registration within database.
- Associate Member Relations
- Organize trade shows in conjunction Fall Leadership Conference in conjunction with Director of Professional Development.
- Member Communications & Website
- Compile and distribute the bi-weekly association newsletter.
- Maintain career section of website.
- Assist with website content management and design.
- Professional Development Support
- Design educational program brochures and web pages
- Assist with On-demand learning center and webinar delivery.
- Administer and coordinate professional development program evaluations.
- Provide CEU certificates to attendees.
- Other duties as assigned
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Educational Requirements: Currently a college student. Experience with In-Design, website design, marketing & communications preferred. Ideal would also be experience with complete Adobe suite and Movavi Video Editor.
- Mental Demands:
- Demonstrate effective communications skills with staff, LeadingAge Iowa members, and the general public.
- Demonstrate ability to develop and maintain good interpersonal relations with staff and LeadingAge Iowa members.
- Demonstrate use of mature judgment and demonstrate excellent problem solving skills and ability.
- Able to handle job responsibilities in a positive, professional manner.
- Physical Demands:
- Sit, walk, stand: The individual in this position spends approximately 60% of the time sitting while utilizing the computer and on the phone. Approximately 40% of the day in spent standing and/or walking while using office equipment, supporting events, etc.
- Bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl: Occasionally will be required to obtain material from bottom file drawer or retrieve paper materials from low areas.
- Reach, handle, finder, and feel: Must have good manual dexterity for this position. Must be able to complete paperwork, document in ledgers, utilize the computer, etc.
- Climb, balance: Not required with any frequency for this position.
- Lift, carry, push, pull: The individual in this position lifts and carries objects not weighting more than ten pounds, generally files or small office supplies and equipment.
- See and Hear: Must have adequate visual and auditory abilities to translate information into the computer and complete manual documentation, this is required on an almost continual basis. Must have adequate auditory abilities to respond to other staff and LeadingAge Iowa member requests.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Works primarily indoors (95% of the time) in a well-illuminated, climate-controlled environment. Approximately 5% of the week is spent outside, traveling to meetings, performing errands, etc.
- Works with frequent interruptions.
- HOURS & PAY
- Office hours are M-F, 8-4:30 but the hours for the internship are negotiable within that timeframe. Anticipate between 25-30 hours per week. Ideal timeframe would be mid-June through October, recognizing that hours would reduce significantly once school started.
- Pay will be negotiated based upon experience and skills.
To apply, submit resume to:
11001 Aurora Avenue