Learn about fundraising and event management this summer!
The Development Intern will work with the Volunteer Coordinator and Development Director to assist and facilitate volunteer opportunities, IHYC engagement opportunities, while also creating additional marketing and communication content on social media and more.
Tasks may include, but are not limited to
- Assist with volunteer onboarding, and manage volunteer orientations
- Oversee analytics drawn from volunteer experiences
- Help obtain and manage donations given by community donors, organizations, and businesses
- Through donation requests
- Donation drives
- Food rescue
- Communication opportunities with community members and IHYC donors (i.e. written, interpersonal, and large groups).
- Connecting service learners and groups with volunteer opportunities at IHYC.
- Key member of the Events team to ensure the planning and execution of upcoming IHYC events are successful.
- Creating content for IHYC social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Other special opportunities could include
- Graphic design projects
- Film editing and design projects
- Communication, Journalism and Mass Communications, Public Relations, Business, Entrepreneurial Studies, Marketing, or Event Management majors
- Can work between 30-40 hours per/week
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, to communicate in a professional manner with donors, staff, youth, and community members.
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, record keeping skills, flexibility, collaborative skills, and able to multi-task and works well with people
- Ability to work in Microsoft Excel and a willingness to learn other software (experience with Raiser’s Edge, Better Impact, Mailchimp).
- Previous internship or related experience in customer service is a plus
- Needs own personal computer
- Must have a valid Driver’s License, and access to reliable transportation
- Preferred but not required
- Knowledge in graphic design, especially Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Final Cut Pro)
- Film editing skills
Compensation: This position is an unpaid internship
- How to apply: Please send a cover letter and resume as well as schedule availability.
612 Locust Street
Des Moines, Iowa 50309