90°W, a leading motion media creation studio in St. Louis, is looking for an assistant editor.
This position requires a bit of everything to assist our senior editors in all of the tasks necessary to bring audio and visual files into our system, organize them, get them out the door and then archive and catalog them for future retrieval. It also includes handling direct client requests for revisions, updates & versions to pieces that we have produced.
Our work environment is creative, collaborative, hectic and demanding. We strive for excellence in everything we do. This is a critical position in our organization, because the Assistant Editor is often the last person to touch our product before it goes out the door to our clients. Extraordinary attention to detail is critical. This position requires a high degree of intelligence and an ability to handle pressure under deadline.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are mandatory.
- Dependable, Highly Intelligent, Passion for our Industry
- Great computer skills with the ability & desire to learn new things quickly.
- Desire to be part of a team. We are a small, close, group.
- At least two years experience with Avid Media Composer or Adobe Premiere.
- A working knowledge of After Effects is a plus.
- College degree in media production preferred.
In addition to the requirements, the following skills or interests may be beneficial:
- Production technology – cameras, DIT, workflow, etc. Ingest efficiencies for Alexa, RED. Keep 90-owned production equipment organized and maintained. Oversee check out, check in of production equipment.
- Collaborate with creative team to grow 90’s expertise with VR, AR, 360 content and other emerging technologies
- Maintain company’s wordpress website
- Contribute to social media and blog posting
- Monitor and maintain our IT systems – more than 14 workstations – connected to central server
Compensation: competitive salary, plus health and retirement benefits. Schedule: 8-hour workdays, Monday – Friday, may be scheduled to begin at 9am, 10am or 11am, depending on client needs. Flexibility to adjust schedule to meet work demands is essential.
90°W is a media production facility that creates TV commercials and high-end corporate video communications. Our clients are primarily advertising agencies. We are located in the vibrant Lafayette Square neighborhood in St. Louis. We currently have 17 people on our collaborative team.
For more information and to apply, see https://adclubstl.org/careers/assistant-video-editor/