Iowa Coalition Against Sexual Assault seeks a Communications Intern for summer.
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Knowledge and interest in communications, social media, online engagement and reporting, and social justice work.
- A willingness to learn and be creative.
- Have an understanding of issues surrounding social justice and sexual violence work.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to achieve short-term and long-term goals.
- Ability to multi-task, take direction, follow through on projects, meet deadlines,and provide inspired input.
To Apply: Send letter of interest, resume, and writing sample to Matty Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org. Internship position will be open until filled by qualified applicant. Email inquiries only please. Writing sample can be anything that showcases your talents as a writer and a communicator. Deadline for application is Friday, April 14, 2017.
Additional Information: The Iowa Coalition Against Sexual Assault (IowaCASA) works to unite people and organizations to promote a society free from sexual violence and to meet the diverse needs of survivors. IowaCASA is a progressive organization, and works towards goals that will improve the well-being of survivors in many aspects of their lives. We support disenfranchised groups and actively work on anti-racist initiatives. IowaCASA is a small, statewide non-profit organization that provides a friendly, fast-paced work environment.
IowaCASA’s continuing success depends upon the qualifications of the individuals the agency employs. IowaCASA is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with state and federal law or local ordinance, the agency will ensure that the following personnel matters will be administered without regard to age, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, or disability.
Iowa Coalition Against Sexual Assault (IowaCASA)
3030 Merle Hay Rd. Des Moines, IA 50310
(515) 244-7424 ext. 1907