Area515, the Des Moines Maker Space is looking for a marketing and social media intern. Position is unpaid but includes free membership to the maker space. You’ll gain valuable experience helping a non-profit grow, practice technical writing, gain exposure to a diverse population of makers, and maybe be inspired to make something yourself. You will report to the executive director and the marketing coordinator. We’re all volunteers as well, so by nature the hours are flexible. Approximately 10 hours per week.
- Regular posts to social media.
- Generating content (articles, photos) for posts
- Writing and distributing press releases
- Helping to compile a contact list for donors, supporters, media and partners
- Help members showcase their projects
Above and beyond:
Don’t worry if the following aren’t in your repertoire. But we have plenty to keep you busy if you do!
- Assist grant writer
- Website design/development
- Graphic design
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply!