|Social Media Intern
The Social Media Intern is responsible for coordinating and executing the company’s social media strategy, working across key social media channels including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. The successful candidate will work closely with key members of staff and the agency’s clients to plan and execute social media, digital communications and marketing in a business to business and business to consumer environment. This role will be instrumental in increasing social media presence and gaining visibility for our brands among clients and their business.
At TRIO Marketing|Branding|Advertising, we pride ourselves on giving our customers a superior experience and great marketing results. So, it is the objective of this position to secure and maintain each client’s confidence as a marketing and advertising professional who can support our strategies and initiatives on a daily basis.
1) Social Media Strategy
- Assist with streamlining company social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Google+ and other social media platforms), ensuring uniform content and tone of voice for landing pages, graphics, and other elements.
- Monitoring and replying to messages from customers of our clients (initially under supervision from a Director)
- Liaising with staff internally to ensure that company profiles are accurate and up-to date.
- Work with directors to implement other channel-specific campaigns (e.g. uploading photos to Flickr, videos to YouTube, etc)
2) Coordinating and Distributing Content
- Scheduling and coordinating a monthly brainstorming meeting with internal team to establish content ideas for the month ahead, and to plan for a monthly social media, editorial, marketing and blogging calendar.
- Maintain a monthly social media and blogging calendar, and ensure that everyone is meeting their deadlines.
- Drive awareness of our new blog posts by posting the articles into forums and groups
- Help to create one piece of video content per month and post on You Tube.
- Upload and manage company blog posts
- Repurpose content from other sources for social media channels (and understand how to change the tone of the content for each channel).
3) Understanding and monitoring social media analytics
- Track key social media analytics on a monthly basis, including Google Analytics, Bitly statistics, LinkedIn company stats, etc.
- Track and report website statistics using Google Analytics, in collaboration with the Digital team.
- Use the company’s HootSuite account to create lists of followers and to schedule tweets so that they are continuously pushed out.
- Work with the directors to build monthly reporting tools on social media analytics and performance against our ‘baseline targets.’
Key Skills Required for the Role:
- Proven written communication skills, and a passion for writing both short- and long-copy.
- Excellent verbal communications skills.
- An interest in marketing, communications, social media or reputation management;
- Familiarity with key social media tools (e.g. Twitter and Facebook) and with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- An ability to consistently demonstrate our values of insight, hard work, and effectiveness in your personal approach to work;
- An entrepreneurial attitude;
- Excellent attention to detail and a high motivation to learn;
- A proactive, service-focused attitude towards clients and candidates and the teams you support internally;
- An ability to remain calm under pressure and a robust/resilient attitude towards challenges;
- An ability to prioritize work and complete tasks with quick turnaround times and minimal fuss; and
- The ability to work collaboratively with a team.