Affairs Today is an independently run online student journal headquartered in Glasgow, Scotland. Our staff comprises student journalists from around the globe.
As students, it can be difficult to deliver a robust, professional writing portfolio in order to get a competitive internship or a post-grad job. However, the problem that most students encounter is that they need experience in order to get experience and they have no way to get that experience. Becoming a contributor for Affairs Today can help you build a diverse portfolio because you’ll be able to write on topics of your choice, given that they align with Affair Today’s values and existing content.
- Must currently be a college/university student; any level, degree program, or course of study welcome to apply
- Must be able to read and write in English fluently and accurately (non-native speakers of English are welcome to apply)
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Some knowledge of Google Apps (primarily Google Drive and its functionality)
- Experience working as a writer or a journalist, or some experience that is equivalent
- Desire to lead, manage, and coordinate others
- Desire to work with a global team
- Interest in working in a “start up” environment
- Experience working with WordPress would be a major plus
- Experience working remotely in some capacity would be a benefit
- Experience managing others
- Working in an agile environment
How to Apply
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an editorial team at the head of an online student journal, with a global readership. The role is demanding, but extremely rewarding and offers the opportunity to becoming part of a growing project.
Great experience for aspiring journalists.
To apply, simply attach your resume or CV and a writing sample and we’ll get back to you soon. Good luck!
Please send applications containing a cover letter and CV to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for application is Jan 31, 2017.