Meredith Xcelerated Marketing is seeking a part-time Editorial Associate to join our team in the Des Moines office. This is an ideal role for a recent graduate/young professional looking to get a breadth of editorial experience in the fast-paced environment of an agency.
This position requires a commitment to 20-35 hours per week.
MXM produces custom publications, websites, e-newsletters and editorially-based content for national clients including: Volkswagen, Bank of America, United Healthcare, State Farm, Principal Financial Group, Aetna, Met Life, KOA, and Publix (among others).
The ideal candidate is someone who has:
- ability to produce quality work under pressure
- grasp of fundamental differences between planning and creating content for digital use vs print
- ability to respond with flexibility to new requests and changes of direction
- ability to prioritize multiple projects in order to meet deadlines
- ability to be part of a professional client-facing creative team
Our next Editorial Associate will be:
- a creative thinker with a demonstrated passion for the creative process
- a collaborator; working with other writers, editors and editorial associates
- hungry with questions and able to retain/implement direction in order to build on existing skills
Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English or related field, or equivalent training and/or experience.
Zero to two years’ experience in advertising, magazine, web, marketing and/or custom publishing. Applicable internships will be considered in lieu of professional experience.
Background in advertising and sales promotion helpful.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Previous experience working with InDesign and Macintosh software.
Must possess excellent editorial judgment, strong command of grammar, and have the ability to originate or rewrite copy under tight deadlines.
Ideal candidate will also have the ability to comprehend and champion publishing details such as factual accuracy, grammatical soundness and legal obligations.
Please apply via this link: https://meredith.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/EXT/job/Iowa-Des-Moines/Editorial-Associate–MXM_JR02750