The Des Moines Urban Experience Magazine (DMUE) seeks a journalism intern to help us strengthen our social media presence. This is an unpaid internship.
The Des Moines Urban Experience seeks a highly motivated individual with an interest in marketing and working on innovative ways to use social media, and execute the magazine’s social media strategy, working through key social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, and our website. The successful candidate will work closely with key members of staff. This position will be instrumental in increasing our social media presence and gaining visibility for our branding among clients and candidates.
- Assist with streamlining company social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Mobile app, and other social media platforms) ensuring uniform content and tone of voice for landing pages, graphics, and other elements within the communities.
- Increase the number of followers we have on Twitter by following and engaging with the community.
- Posting Tweets and responding to Tweets (initially under supervision from a staff member).
- Posting updates to the Magazines Facebook account (initially under supervision from a staff member).
- Build Facebook “likes” by approaching potential clients and candidates through other social media channels and email marketing campaigns.
- Work with staff to promote our mobile app and upload photos, and videos.
- Track and report website statistics.
Duties may include:
- Providing customer service in person, and on the phone.
- Attending staff meetings.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- An interest in marketing, communication, and social media.
- Familiarity with key social media tools. (e.g. Twitter and Facebook) and with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively on a team.
- An entrepreneurial attitude.
- Excellent attention to detail and high motivation to learn.
- Self-starter who can take direction and contribute ideas.
- The ability to work independently on projects while meeting deadlines.
- An ability to prioritize work and complete tasks with quick turnaround times.
DMUE allows for a flexible schedule. We are more interested in the completion of tasks.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org