The Des Moines Urban Experience Magazine (DMUE) seeks a journalism intern to help us publicize our work and edit the articles that are submitted. This is an unpaid internship.
The Des Moines Urban Experience seeks a highly motivated individual with an interest in editing for the magazine. The internship allows individuals to meet members of the community, and build long lasting relationships. Though the position emphasizes editing, there will be opportunities for research and writing as well.
- Fact check, proofread, format, and edit as necessary.
Duties may include:
- Providing customer service in person, and on the phone.
- Attending staff meetings.
- Gather story ideas and write articles
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively on a team.
- Familiarity with Macs and MS Word.
- Self-starter who can take direction and contribute ideas.
- The ability to work independently on projects while meeting deadlines.
- Community development knowledge/experience a plus
DMUE allows for a flexible schedule. We are more interested in the completion of tasks.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and two writing samples to Dwana Bradley at firstname.lastname@example.org.