The Coordinator – Community Affairs performs all duties associated with overseeing the coordination and administration of all aspects of programming including planning, organizing, leading, and controlling program activities while also providing station resources and services to substantially enhance the station’s reputation and presence within the community in addressing issues and concerns. Participating with all management in creating/managing community campaigns/projects appealing to clients for paid partnerships and in support of station goals and directives. Management of promotional and public affairs event processing, sales special video inventory maintenance, sales contest/give-a-way facilitation, and station ticket maintenance.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Community contact/liaison for station services (in-kind), support, partnerships and assistance.
- Project/campaign management including creation, implementation and maintenance.
- Maintain community involvement while also conducting station ascertainment of Community Needs/Concerns.
- Oversee PSA accommodation
- Oversee contest promotions and ticket giveaways
- Plan and schedule programming based on broadcast length, time, availability, and other factors, such as community needs, ratings data, and viewer demographics
- Process daily apt (network) programming changes.
- Work with Hub on format changes and oversee all log changes.
- Preparation of FCC Quarterly Children’s Reports (FCC 398) for WOWT.
- Manage manipulation of MediaStar programming database for schedule accuracy with network, syndicated and local changes for use by traffic, master control, news and sales.
- Local syndicated programming contract/file maintenance.
- Weekly programming schedule distribution.
Qualifications: Education – College Degree or equivalent job experience
Experience: Broadcast production and general station operation knowledge. Ability to perform tasks associated with office duties. Operating knowledge of PC’s and graphics computers, excellent organizational filing skills. Valid Driver’s license and good driving record.
Submit resume and cover letter electronically to:
By fax to 402.233.7885 NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
WOWT-TV Attn: Human Resources
3501 Farnam Street
Omaha, NE 68131