POSTED DATE: Sept. 8, 2016
DEADLINE DATE: Sept. 22, 2016
JOB INDUSTRY: Not for Profit – Charitable
JOB CATEGORY: Design
The Graphic Designer position with the Greater Des Moines Partnership is a full time position budgeted for a minimum of 40 hours a week. The position is funded through the Communications/Marketing group and serves the organization’s creative and design needs. This person will work closely with the Communications/Marketing team to achieve success for all organization marketing and communications materials. The position requires excellent graphic design and organizational skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Those fundamental job duties that an individual who holds the position must be able to perform with or without assistance of a reasonable accommodation. This is not an exhaustive list. Other duties, in addition to essential job functions, will be assigned as necessary. Listed in order of importance.
- Assist with creative direction for marketing campaign concepts.
- Assist with creation/edits of promotional materials such as brochures, flyers, advertisements, newsletters, signage & banners, etc., while adhering to brand identity.
- Assist with event photography and photo editing.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations.
- Provide support to social media efforts.
Bachelors degree OR working toward degree in Art, Design, Graphic Design, Marketing, or related field.
Education or training that includes project creation, organization, development and production of communications and/or marketing materials.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Excellent creative, composition and computer design skills required. Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications Proficiency with graphic print production and desktop publishing software required:
- MAC and PC platforms
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat)
- Working knowledge of the print production process (request for proposals, design, layout, and prepress) including thorough understanding of graphic file formats.
- Photography skills needed, included photo editing and enhancing, as well as experience in photo library organization. Web and video knowledge a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills, can express and present ideas, listen well, and work in a team environment.
- Solid time management skills, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of MAC and PC Operating Systems. Day-to-day work will be performed on MAC
The majority of work is conducted in the office at a desk. There is a significant amount of computer work.
There is some prolonged standing while overseeing or providing staff support for various organizational activities and events.
There is also some lifting required during special events or projects and in maintaining supplies of communications materials and/or products.
The Partnership is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Partnership’s policy to assure employment and promotional opportunities are available to qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic.
700 Locust St., Ste. 100
Des Moines, IA 50309
Jenna Brownlee (email@example.com)
For more information and to apply: