Are you interested in developing social media skills for a non-profit business setting? Does building content for a year-long social media strategy sound interesting? Would you like to learn how to design and create an extranet resource library that will be accessed by associates statewide? If so, we have the perfect internship for you!
The Iowa Association of Area Agencies on Aging (i4a) is a non-profit trade association made up of six Area Agencies on Aging (AAA) in Iowa which serve six planning and service areas. The Association assists members in achieving their goal of delivering a comprehensive, coordinated, and cost-effective system of long-term living and community support services that help individuals maintain health and independence in their homes and communities. Additional information about i4a can be found on the website www.i4a.org.
Our ideal candidate is someone who possesses a strong working knowledge of social media and wants to put these skills to work in an environment which creates meaningful results for the Association’s members.
Skills You Will Use and Develop:
- How to research and create a social media plan and marketing calendar.
- Relationship building with online community and Association stakeholders.
- How to track social media analytics.
- Create compelling content that will be shared across Iowa.
- How to set up an extranet website resource library.
- Assist Executive Director with other projects related to organizational marketing and public relations.
What We Require:
- Background in and working toward degree in Marketing, Communications, English, or Business.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Organized, with ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Be creative and flexible.
- Knowledge and understanding of social media sites what would most commonly be used by our target audiences (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Interested in human services and supporting the aging, those living with disabilities, and caregivers.
- Reliable – with a reliable car.
- Working in an office setting in Des Moines, IA.
The positions begins ASAP and ends mid-December. 10 hours per week. $12 per hour.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three samples of work or projects that align with the writing and social media skills outlined in the job description to Jim Cushing, Executive Director – Iowa Association of Area Agencies on Aging –email@example.com.