Content Research and Development Intern
My Diabetes Home seeks a dynamic, self-motivated individual with a diverse background in communications to assist the Marketing Department with a variety of communications activities. The Content Specialist Intern will assist in developing and implementing internal and external communications, including media and materials in support of My Diabetes Home and its overall mission and brand.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Work with the team to prepare content for advertisements (digital and traditional)
- Drafting press releases and other business-oriented content
- Assist in managing, planning, compiling, writing and distributing revamped digital newsletter.
- Write, distribute and pitch new ideas and other stories.
- Update and maintain My Diabetes Home’s website content.
- Assist in ensuring consistency in brand messaging across all communication vehicles.
- Assist in developing internal communication processes.
- Work with the Manager to facilitate creative needs relating to web development
- Update and maintain My Diabetes Home’s social media presence on Twitter, Linkedin, YouTube and Facebook.
- Review and maintain My Diabetes Home’s media monitoring service daily, including compiling relevant content and media coverage, building media lists and conducting proactive outreach.
This is a non-inclusive list of the functions that the hire will perform. He/she will need to work effectively in a team environment and will interface closely with the management, technical team and domain experts.
- Studying to earn a BA/BS in communications or related field (e.g.English, Journalism, Marketing/Communications or Public Relations or an equivalent combination or training, skills, and experience).
- Experience writing editorial copy
- Computer and MS Office knowledge required
- Excellent oral/written communication skills; interact well with the media, vendors, and community contacts
- Detail-oriented with good organizational and project management skills
- Excellent follow-up skills
- Familiarity with Web content writing, editing and management
- Some graphic design knowledge is a plus
Salary: $14.50 /hour