Location: 551 SE Dovetail Road, Grimes, Iowa
• Assist with all aspects of social media including Twitter, Facebook and YouTube
• Assist with coordinating information and news for the Special Olympics Iowa website
• Assist with updating Special Olympics Iowa LETR web pages
• Research, write and edit news releases for distribution
• Work closely with the development team on media relations
• Assist with coordination of fundraising events and logistics
• Assist with creating brochures and other marketing materials
• Conduct project-related research
• Other duties and projects as assigned
This position will work closely with law enforcement officers across Iowa as part of the Law Enforcement Torch Run (LETR) for Special Olympics Iowa. The ideal candidate will be a college student in the field of communications, journalism, advertising or public relations with some experience in marketing and event planning. The student must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be detail-oriented and have excellent computer skills.
Strong social media skills and the ability to produce, edit and post YouTube videos a plus. This non-paid internship offers outstanding opportunities to build a portfolio and resume in addition to solid career experience. Special Olympics Iowa will work with the intern to develop a schedule that coordinates with their classes and/or employment.
The position is open until filled. Interested students are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter as soon as possible to Rachel Bosworth, LETR Marketing and Event Coordinator at email@example.com. For more details call 515-986-5520 ext. 108. Learn more about Special Olympics Iowa at http://www.soiowa.org.