Drake University’s Office of Community Engagement and Service-Learning is looking to hire a student ($9/hour) for the 2016-2017 school year to serve as Graphic Design and Social Media Service-Learning Ambassador.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain graphic design and social media experience in the non-profit sector. The student holding this position has the ability to share his or her talents with Drake and the surrounding community as they work to connect Drake students with service-learning and community service opportunities. This student will work along side the 6-7 Service-Learning Ambassadors in the office who serve at various community partner agencies to create promotional materials furthering their programs.
If interested in applying, please send a cover letter of 500 words or less, resume, and up to 3 samples of relevant work to Amanda Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 10, 2016.
Each applicant must list on their resume one reference, either a faculty, staff, or community partner who can speak to your organization/management, teamwork and professional skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at once
- Must be able to adhere to the branding guidelines of Drake University and various community partners
- SLA will need to be available for SLA Orientation August 25-26, 2016
- Update the Community Engagement and Service-Learning website as necessary
- Maintain Social Media such as Facebook page, Instagram, Twitter, and Blog
- Design flyers and promotional materials to promote community engagement and service-learning
- Will work a total of 6-7 hours per week, minimum of two hours held in office
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Participate in professional development with the Office of Community Engagement and Service-Learning
- Support other Service Learning Ambassador’s events and initiatives
- Regularly monitor e-mail and communication as deadlines are short and come in multiples
For more information or to apply, contact Amanda Martin (email@example.com), Drake’s service-learning programs coordinator.