The Iowa Newspaper Association, located in Des Moines’ vibrant East Village, is an association of nearly 300 daily and weekly newspapers, working together to provide the citizens of Iowa with information and leadership. We are looking for a talented and outgoing multi-tasker to serve as our association’s next Communications Director.
This individual will be responsible for the coordination of all marketing and promotional materials for the Iowa Newspaper Association, Iowa Newspaper Foundation and Customized Newspaper Advertising. A successful candidate for this position will be creative, self-motivated, organized and possess outstanding writing, editing and graphic design skills. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to respond to member, customer and co-worker requests in a timely, professional, and respectful manner; and ability to be flexible and work effectively under pressure, meet deadlines, work within a team and quickly adapt to changing priorities. This individual will be part of our organization’s management team and will supervise one part-time staff member.
- Planning, writing and layout of weekly newsletter
- Writing and design of marketing communication materials for association and its associated foundation and ad service
- Content creation and management of the organization’s website
- Production and advertising sales for annual directory of Iowa newspapers
- Social media planning and oversight
- Oversee updating of association’s master membership database
- Use own original and creative thinking to develop concepts and finished materials from rough ideas based on customer or internal needs
- Provide ongoing communication in the area of services and endorsed programs for members
- Print and digital advertising creation
- Develop promotional materials for annual INA convention, including postcards, brochure, program, awards slideshow, signs and winners tab.
- College degree
- Minimum one to two years’ experience in creation and layout of publications
- Excellent writing, spelling and language skills using AP guidelines
- Strong design skills and aptitude
- Working knowledge of standard desktop publishing software such as Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and website CMS programs
• Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
- Ability to prioritize/handle multiple projects/set and meet deadlines
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Must work well in a team-based environment
If you are interested in the following position please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com .