The University of South Dakota Athletic Marketing and Video Production Department is seeking a qualified applicant to serve as a graduate assistant for the 2016-17 academic year and help promote the Coyotes’ 17 NCAA Division I athletic programs. USD competes in the Summit League and Missouri Valley Football Conference.
This person will assist the video production staff with the creation and implementation of video and graphics for use on GoYotes.com, social media and game day. The person will also serve as both a primary and secondary marketing contact for assigned sports and will gain experience in working a variety of USD athletic events. Responsibilities include creating and editing video content for in-venue videoboard, website and social media, some graphic design, overseeing gameday operations at select DakotaDome and other on-campus events, and serving as the primary marketing contact for USD softball and track. Preference will be given to candidates who have previous video editing experience and are pursuing a career in the field of athletics.
The candidate must successfully be admitted to and enrolled in a graduate program at USD prior to beginning employment. The position is renewable for a second year and includes a monthly stipend. The appointment will be nine months beginning in late August and running into May.
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably sports administration, media and journalism, graphic design or a related field
- Experience with shooting and editing video and in graphic design
- Previous experience in an collegiate or professional athletic setting is preferred
- Previous experience in athletic marketing and gameday management, OR a willingness to learn is preferred
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro and Photoshop (Adobe Creative Suite) is preferred
- Ability to work nights and weekends
How to Apply:
To apply, send a resume, cover letter, list of at least three references and video samples to the attention of:
Joe Thuente, Assistant AD of Marketing and Promotions
University of South Dakota
414 E. Clark St.
Vermillion, S.D. 57069
Applicants are encouraged to email information to Joe.Thuente@usd.edu
USD will review applications immediately and will accept applications until the position is filled. For more information about South Dakota athletics, please visit www.GoYotes.com. For more information about South Dakota graduate school, please visit www.usd.edu/graduate-school.