|Service-Learning & College Access VISTA Project
Primary Goal Description:
1. Collaborate with Admissions, School of Education and other departments to develop a self-guided campus tour route for school and non-profit groups
2. Collaborate with College Access Service-Learning Ambassador and the School of Education to develop age appropriate curriculum for group facilitators
3. Develop a predictable calendar of available tour times, dates which would allow for easier accommodation and scheduling of student volunteers and campus facilities to coordinate group tours. Map out potential advantageous dates/times for groups to visit based on campus events such as gallery visits, theatre dress rehearsals, etc.
4. Develop, promote and maintain an online, automated, registration process
5. Recruit, advise and mobilize Drake students in developing sustainable community outreach programs
6. Enhance mechanisms for documenting community impact and outcomes related to student service programs.
7. Advise the Service-Learning Ambassador Program and develop a SLA professional development model
Requires Bachelor’s degree. Experience with service-learning or volunteer programs and supervising volunteers and/or students preferred. The successful candidate will demonstrate an understanding of student development and leadership, higher education, service-learning pedagogy and community partnership development. The candidate must demonstrate initiative, problem-solving skills and an ability to accomplish tasks independently, organizing and prioritizing projects with little supervision.
Additional qualifications include:
· Clear and accurate written and verbal communication
· Demonstrated ability to produce high quality final products
· Ability to organize and coordinate various activities
· High degree of independence, flexibility, initiative and commitment
· Ability to lead and deal effectively with a variety of people and work in a team environment
· Strong computer skills with the ability to maintain database and to provide on-line tech based training.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and utilizing the Internet
|Program Benefits: Living Allowance, Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend, Health Coverage*, Training, Childcare assistance if eligible, Relocation Allowance, *For details about AmeriCorps VISTA healthcare benefits, please visit http://www.vistacampus.gov/healthcare|
|Work / School Eligibility:
Permits attendance at school during off hours, Permits working at another job during off hours
1. Complete the online AmeriCorps application at: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=65289&fromSearch=true.
2. Email a copy of your resume to email@example.com