Want to gain some great event-planning and portfolio material in a few hours a weeks over the summer? The Des Moines European Heritage Association (DMEHA (501c3) seeks a marketing/event planning intern for summer.
Description of Responsibilities
- Draft blog posts in WordPress and share on Christkindlmarket Des Moines Facebook Fan Page (content provided)
- Draft e-newsletter sends in MailChimp (content provided)
- Help plan, prepare for and market fundraising events (four – five scheduled for first half of 2016)
- OPTIONAL: attend monthly Christkindlmarket Des Moines event planning meetings to identify ways to support this event
- Must be able to work remotely and independently
- Must have access to own computer
- Willingness and ability learn basic WordPress and MailChimp skills
- Willingness and ability to learn basic Facebook techniques and strategies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet agreed-upon deadlines
How to apply
Please send cover letter and resume via email to Suzanne Hull at email@example.com.
DES MOINES EUROPEAN HERITAGE ASSOCIATION (DMEHA) (501c3)
Mission: As a grassroots non-profit, we serve as a platform to carry on European traditions, to support language education and to create cultural awareness. We are a resource for Iowans, immigrants, travel enthusiasts and international business professionals to connect with European cultural heritage and for cultural organizations who want to engage with their members in a cohesive and centralized manner.
CHRISTKINDLMARKET DES MOINES
Mission: Educate, entertain & delight the Midwest by producing Iowa’s premiere German-inspired Christmas market.