Apply online here: https://phl.applitrack.com/wcsd/onlineapp/jobpostings/view.asp?internaltransferform.Url=&category=Secretarial%2FClerical&AppliTrackJobId=3252&AppliTrackLayoutMode=detail&AppliTrackViewPosting=1
Start Date: Summer (May/June)
End Date: 2 semester internship (summer & fall)
Hours: 15-20 hours/week
Compensation: $10 per hour
Position: Communications Intern
Description: Waukee Community School District (WCSD) seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist communication efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of public relations while working for the 9th largest school district in Iowa.
- Assist in maintaining district websites.
- Assist in providing blog support to staff.
- Assist in planning and writing content for the district and activities website.
- Create training videos and print directions for communication systems.
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space (e.g., YouTube, Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, WordPress and Pinterest)
- Working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., Journalism, Mass Communications or Public Relations)
- Proficient computer skills to include: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe
- Experience with InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop highly desired
- Experience with content management systems desired
- Effective communication skills, written and oral
- Self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for the mission of WCSD and the community we serve
Waukee Community School District
Waukee is the fastest growing school district in the state of Iowa with more than 1,000 staff members serving more than 9,300 students in grades preschool through twelfth grade. Our schools serve students from Clive, Urbandale, Waukee and West Des Moines, as well as open enrollment students from other communities outside the 55 square miles of our district boundaries.