Saga Communications’ Des Moines Radio Group is hiring for promotions and marketing part-time staff positions for this summer! If you are a motivated individual who is looking to extend your education and experience in radio broadcasting or hands on marketing experience and have a desire to get your foot in the door at Des Moines’ highest-rated group of stations, you would make a great member of the Des Moines Radio Group Promotions team!
Our vision: It’s the vision for the Des Moines Radio Group Promotions Staff to become:
- Educated. Providing a fun, well-rounded introduction to all facets of broadcasting by constantly teaching the values and properties of the industry, through experience and example.
- Prepared. Utilizing the strengths of Des Moines Radio Group to help promo staff, acquire additional skills and confidence to succeed in the real world.
- Respected. Recognizing promo staff as valuable members of our team, staff will be treated with fairness and equality.
The Des Moines Radio Group Part-Time Promotions Staff will ultimately understand our stations and gain the skills to implement their goals. Through education, preparation and respect, we will offer the most sought after broadcast experience in Iowa.
The Perks. You will get the chance to attend station events, concerts, and private VIP listener parties. Plus, you will have the opportunity to interact and network with department heads, on-air staff, and industry insiders, all excited to help you advance your broadcast career!
The Work. You will interact with the nearly 300,000 listeners of Des Moines Radio Group’s nine stations on a daily basis. By executing marketing campaigns and on-the-street promotions for clients and various charity organizations, you will become a vital asset to our success! And – of course – there’s the not so glamorous office work too (but the boss finally gets his own coffee). It is hard work – but very rewarding. Also:
- Lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to work long days at bench mark station events
- Computer skills both Microsoft Office (required) and Adobe (preferred)
- Reliable transportation
- Available nights and weekends
- Available to work 10 hours minimum to 26 hours maximum per week
To Apply. If you are excited to learn, become a part of the big picture, and – most importantly – have fun, apply now! Send your resume, cover letter, and recommendations no later than March 21st, 2016 for the seasonal summer position to:
HITS 99.9 & LAZER 103.3 Promotions Director
1350 ESPN Brand Manager
Part Time Promotions Staff Manager
1416 Locust Street
Des Moines, IA 50309
No phone calls please. The Des Moines Radio Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.