It’s back — an incredible chance to live in one of the most exciting cities on earth while sharpening your journalism skills in a top-notch newsroom. Apply for the 2016 NAHJ Nevada / Las Vegas Review-Journal summer internship and gain priceless bilingual reporting experience.
- 10 paid work weeks.
- Professional experiences in two languages.
- A dedicated NAHJ mentor/coach
- Assistance finding housing.
The paid internship is a hands-on, crash course in news and feature reporting. Interns will go through a brief orientation before they’ll be expected to write regularly and deliver in-depth stories on deadline.
Interns will be assigned a mentor to provide advice and guidance during the summer. They’ll also find support from the diverse group of journalists in NAHJ Nevada.
Interns who excel may be considered for other opportunities, including full-time employment at the RJ.
- You have journalism experience.
- You’re a junior or senior in college, in graduate school, or have graduated either within the past six months.
- Preferably, you can speak and write in Spanish.
- You are an active member of the National Association of Hispanic Journalists. (To join, visit nahj.org. Annual fee is $25.)
Applications must be postmarked by March 11, 2016.