DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the director of marketing and communications, the Community Foundation intern assists in the marketing, community investment and advancement teams to advance the organization’s mission. He/she will work cross-departmentally with all staff members of the organization and may work with grantees and Community Foundation donors. Oversight of all projects is provided and closely monitored by the director of marketing and communications; however other Community Foundation staff will provide instruction and oversight related to projects in their respective areas.
TIME COMMITMENT: Negotiable. Start date is ASAP upon hire. Internship is paid.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write and update website content including grant and/or donor stories
- Assist with marketing support for the affiliate program (35 Iowa county relationships).
- Assist with the planning and implementation of the Community Foundation’s social media calendar.
- Assist in event planning for the Community Foundation’s Celebration Luncheon for over 500 guests.
- Create videos telling the stories of donors and grant recipients.
- Assist with creation of donor, nonprofit and professional advisor e-newsletters.
- Research best practices related to assigned projects.
- Assist in professional advisor outreach plans and other advancement department activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Obtain writing experience.
- Cultivate skills for marketing, public relations or project management position in the workforce.
- Gain experience in a professional setting within a highly respected nonprofit charitable foundation.
- High Integrity
- Excellent writer and editor
- Professional, outgoing, assertive, confident personality – great customer service skills
- Well-organized, independent worker
- Willingness to work hard and build a great portfolio
- Knowledge of Microsoft office software, basic video editing & basic design software.
Apply by Feb. 8 to:
Sara Bonney, MPA | Director of Marketing and Communications
Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines | 1915 Grand Avenue | Des Moines, Iowa 50309 |
Ph (515) 447-4201 | Fx (515) 309 -0704