The Des Moines Area Regional Transit Authority (DART) is the largest public transit agency in Iowa, and we are looking for a Communications Coordinator to join our team. The right candidate will have a proven track record of accomplishments in a number of the following areas:
- Principles and methods of public relations strategy, planning and analytics.
- Principles and techniques of effective public communications, internal communications, news media relations and contemporary public information media
- Principles and techniques of copy writing and interviewing
- Branding strategies used in public information and publicity campaigns.
- Editing and proofing processes.
- Print, digital and broadcast media.
- Current office software programs for word processing, presentations, email, spreadsheets and databases.
- Public transportation (preferred, but not required).
To be successful it is expected that candidates will have a bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of progressive experience in public relations, communications, journalism, marketing, or related field.
What do we offer?
- Health Insurance
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Care
- Group Life Insurance
- Deferred Compensation Plan
- I.P.E.R.S. Retirement System
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Flexible Benefit Plans
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance
To learn more and apply, click here: https://dart.ourcareerpages.com/job/147677?source=ccp&returnURL=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ridedart.com%2Fcareers&jobFeedCode=dart