120 Sports, digital network is seeking Highlight Editors to help in creating industry-leading made-for-digital video programs covering all professional and college sports for distribution on mobile, tablet, online and other digital platforms.
Highlight Editors will work under the direction of the Supervising Editor and Producers to perform all tasks needed to finish pieces based on editorial goals, timelines, appeal to fans and to serve advertisers while engaging existing and new viewers.
- Preform AVID video editing professional experience.
- Previous video editing experience in Sports.
- Creating professional quality sports highlights for video programs for digital distribution.
- Encoding, compressing and exporting in digital formats.
- Organizing video storage and management systems, backing-up and archiving.
- Knowledge and comfort on AVID video editing software.
- Extracting video from a variety of sources including video captured digitally on cameras, through DVRs, online resources, etc.
- Encoding and compression techniques.
- Computer systems, setup and maintenance.
- Knowledge of multiple professional sports a plus!
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Driven by challenges and committed to seeing projects and tasks through to completion on time.
- Self-motivated, yet a team player with a desire to work collaboratively as part of a Production Team.
- Strong ability to multi-task.
- Hard working, willing to work varied and sometimes long hours and weekends.
Education – Bachelor Degree related to Digital Media, Journalism and etc. and/or required or equivalent work experience.
Experience –entry level experience, recent grad preferred.
Other information – Highlight Editors work 4 days per week/10 hour shifts (2:00 p.m. to Midnight usually) with two (2) consecutive days off