Are you interested in making your community better by using effective communication? Viva East Bank!, a coalition of partners working together to revitalize three neighborhoods in Des Moines, is looking for a communications intern who gets excited about community engagement and community impact.
This intern will have the opportunity to engage in multiple communications projects to build awareness of the coalition and share the message of revitalization with the broader community. Viva East Bank! is an exciting initiative in Des Moines that someone who is passionate about community will love being a part of.
Here’s what an intern can expect from this position:
- Find interesting stories from residents and partners about how they are making an impact in the neighborhoods
- Write blog posts and e-newsletters to share with different audiences
- Write press releases about community building events and projects
- Update social media pages
- Produce or helping with community events as needed
- Organize content and data
Preferred student: marketing, public relations, junior or senior
Unpaid internship or for credit
10-15 hours per week, work location is flexible
Please email Emily Boyd with a resume and short explanation of why you’re interested: firstname.lastname@example.org