Veridian Credit Union, founded in 1934 in Waterloo, Iowa, is a not-for-profit financial cooperative owned by its members. The credit union offers a full range of business and consumer financial services and employs more than 650 people throughout 27 branches. Event and community sponsorships are mutually beneficial for Veridian and the communities we serve. Our investment makes such events possible, enriching our communities while building positive brand-awareness for our credit union.
Veridian has an internship available in the Marketing department for summer 2016. If you are interested please review the information below. To apply, email you resume and cover letter to Heather by Friday, December 18. Phone interviews will be held the week of December 28 and in-person interviews will be conducted the week of January 11 in Ankeny.
· Assist with the coordination and implementation Veridian Credit Union partnership with Nitefall on the River summer concert series along with other events throughout the summer
· Creation of event plans and input of plans into project management software
· Leadership and organization of 2016 premiums and premium tracking software, as related to Des Moines metro events
· Opportunity to shadow team members in other areas of the Marketing department
· Attend monthly marketing meetings, as available
· Help marketing/creative team on special projects as needed
This position is open to anyone currently enrolled pursuing a degree in Event Management, Hospitality, Marketing, Communications, or Public Relations. You must also be classified as a junior or senior. You must be in good standing with your college or university and have a 2.5 GPA or better.
Time commitment: May 16 – August 12 (working approximately 10-12 hours per week with hours split between 3-5 days). Hours can and will fluctuate depending on events schedule. You must be available to work nights and weekends, as needed.
Due to available space and responsibilities, this position will be housed in Ankeny at Ankeny Main in the marketing area.
At the end of the internship, the intern will receive a $750 stipend.